F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Show first post

237 replies

Hi, I purchased a 2-year SIM plan from iD Mobile three months ago, but the SIM was delayed more than two weeks, leading me to cancel the contract. I never used the contact even for a day. I also removed the direct debit from my bank app. Now, there's a £2 iD Mobile payment due showing in my credit history, affecting my credit score. Can you suggest a solution for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi I have had my phone for over a year on iD mobile for over a year now and ive invested a new phone but still would like to keep my sim. I am keeping my phone but I need it unlocked so I can keep it just incase I need a phone? how does someone unlock their iphone so if they get different sim and number they can still keep the phone?

Hello @erinleisha,

If your phone is locked to our network, you can get in touch with us and we can arrange for the handset to be unlocked to any UK network. This can take up to 72-hours to complete.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Faysal Aslam,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @martinmother,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the upgrade feature.

We're currently experiencing technical issues with our website and the upgrade section appears to be affected.

If you could try again later today as we're hoping to have this fixed by then!

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Mohammed

Are there any plans at all to enable Apple Watch cellular users to switch to the ID mobile network?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@MrsMuzza,

Is the correct number showing for calls?

Could you please try the below:

Check your Chat Features status: Open the Messages app. Tap More Moreand thenSettings and then Chat features. Check the chat features status. If you’re not connected, tap Retry.

Could you also try this if the above doesn’t work?

Change the phone number associated with the Messages app: Open the Messages app. Tap More More and then Settings and then Advanced. Select Phone number, then edit the number to the correct phone number associated with your SIM card. Tap OK.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @MMM,

Have you tried messaging our Live Chat service to see if they could provide an update on your order?

According to our delivery timescales, your order should be delivered Tuesday.

Did you receive a delivery later that day?

Mohammed

Hi Kash,

I have tried the first option and the telephone number isn't correct (it shows as the number that was allocated to the phone, not the number that I transferred over).

I've gone to settings and advanced as per your instructions and my correct telephone number shows there??

I'm even more confused! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Stephen,

Are you referring to the P Smart handset or a Smartwatch?

Mohammed
How can I unlock my iPhone so I can get a different sim to use abroad please
Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Jackie Mahoney, we were having some issues with the app yesterday. Could you please try again for me today?

Thank you,

Rory

I am looking to buy the pay monthly sim with 300 minutes, unlimited texts, and 10GB of data, however need to know if it only lasts for 1 month, or if I can keep refreshing it after each month.

Hi Tom, it was the 23rd June!

I am currently on a sim-only contract. Through the app, there is an upgrade where the price of the contract is the same (£5 a month) but it comes with more data, 1.5GB instead of the 1GB I currently have. Is it possible to switch to this better contract without ordering a new sim.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@MrsMuzza

Are you able to delete the numbers and re-enter the correct ones?

Kash

I am currently on a sim-only contract. Through the app, there is an upgrade where the price of the contract is the same (£5 a month) but it comes with more data, 1.5GB instead of the 1GB I currently have. Is it possible to switch to this better contract without ordering a new sim.Hey @Dragon912,

Sounds like a tariff change to me.

Any order placed via the app/account through either the upgrade/tariff change sections will keep the same account and number.

In some cases, we send out a new SIM with this but it's usually blank.

You'll know it's an upgrade/plan change as it won't ask you to enter details like your name, address etc.

Mohammed

@Mohammed
The checkout for the upgrade suggests a new sim will be delivered. Will this result in 2 contracts and 2 sims in total, or will my current contract and corresponding sim be changed to the new contract. This is so I know whether to cancel my current contract when i upgrade to a new one.
Can I purchase a sim-only deal using my ID contract account as you just charged me £7 for 1Gb add-on which, to a loyal customer, is a rip-off. I want a 20Gb deal but want to keep my contract number. I need it ASAP.
Userlevel 1

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

I have had problems for around 18 hours now. My phone just says ‘No Sim, No Network’. I cannot make calls or send SMS. 

hi I have had my phone for over a year on iD mobile for over a year now and ive invested a new phone but still would like to keep my sim. I am keeping my phone but I need it unlocked so I can keep it just incase I need a phone? how does someone unlock their iphone so if they get different sim and number they can still keep the phone?
Userlevel 1

Lost all signal in January 2022. Was told it was due to a mast going down? It’s now May and I still have no signal? I was told by someone that the mast was back up and running so I’m really confused as to why I still have no signal?  I live in the country side so unless I’m in my house using wifi I’m completely cut off. I’ve been paying for a phone I can’t use so would really like to know when this is going to be sorted.

Is there a problem with ordering an upgrade online? I'm going through the 4 stages at checkout and it's taking all details but just returning me to step one. Am getting rather annoyed and about to go shop elsewhere

Hi

My 24 month contract ends today - I now want a pay monthly sim only deal but only see 12 or 24 month contract sim deals in the app. Is it not possible to go to 1 month contracts?

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Lost all signal in January 2022. Was told it was due to a mast going down? It’s now May and I still have no signal? I was told by someone that the mast was back up and running so I’m really confused as to why I still have no signal?  I live in the country side so unless I’m in my house using wifi I’m completely cut off. I’ve been paying for a phone I can’t use so would really like to know when this is going to be sorted.

Doesn’t sound great @Batty77, have you put your postcode into the Network Status Checker

This will tell if there are any current or ongoing mask or network issues.

Hi

i've placed my order (for phone in contract) on Sunday and still haven't received any information regarding my order (just the email saying that i need to wait under 24h for confirmation).
could you let me know how long do i have to wait for my order?

thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Johnnyfw,

I would advise waiting for the minimum term to end then have a look at what deals are available.

Please check back tomorrow and have a look.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?