F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Show first post

245 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, I have an 2 sim cards with ID 1 for me & 1 for the wife, the wife has lost her phone so I need to stop the card, but the wife has forgotten her log in password. We both have the same email address & when I go to the log in page it keeps logging me in. I have her phone number, I have her order number when she first got her card & the email address we used for the sim. The trouble that I’m having is trying to get in to ID to cancel the sim as we do not have a password 

Sounds like your wife never registered for an iD My Account online.
iD Mobile allow just one mobile number per sign-in.

Your wife can cancel her plan using the iD Mobile Live Chat service. 

The iD Live Chat team are available 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends and bank holidays.  

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

Hello ID MOBILE, 

I'm not a current customer but I would like to get your £16 - 30 day monthly plan, which gives 100GB data. I want to renew the contract every month (MYSELF), but your registration process wants to set up a direct debits - which I do not want.

Can you please help me start the sim, without the direct debit, so I can put money on it when i am ready. I also can't seem to post any questions, ask anyone or communicate with anyone on this community. 

Please just answer my question or send/post it wherever it goes in your web. For the record I only want the sim if I can renew it myself, rather than direct debit. 

Thank you

Hi @dhouse,

We can do that for you if an iD SIM card has been used in it. Is that the case?

Will

Hi Will

The iD SIM card has been used.  I have spoken to your colleagues and apparently my phone’s IMEI number wasn’t automatically updated on your system when the ID SIM was used in the phone.  This is now being looked at (in theory) and then the phone will be blacklisted.

If there is anything you can do to speed the process up that would be much appreciated as I need evidence of blacklisting for my insurance and can’t get a new phone until then.

Many thanks

I’ve purchased a pay monthly sim for a sim router. I’ve received an email with account number and new phone number. I’m trying to register my account. It’s asking me to input my eight digit security code to register but I haven’t received an eight digit code?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Nindagley,

Data can be used up quick if you stream videos etc. 

You can also check your usage via your data usage on your handset.

Can you advise how much data you usually get? Have you recently changed your tariff?

Kash

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sorry for not catching this one sooner @Julia povey 

A few questions first of all.

Have you recently changed your tariff at all?

Did the app refresh again at all after you made this post?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Terry Riley 

You’ll receive the 8 digit code via SMS text to the SIM card, have you tried putting it in a supported device to receive the text?

Tom

Hi, are there any iD employees able to assist with my query please? I posted a question yesterday and have had no response

I am attempting to upgrade but when I input my card details for the 0.01 transaction, this is authenticated and my bank confirm they have allowed the charge - but your system states the transaction failed and does not detail why

My addresses on both my iD contract and my bank act match so isnt that

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

When out and about I have no signal or really poor signal.  I am unable to send or receive messages and cannot browse the internet.  It’s not just me, my daughters also on ID aim and she struggles as well and it’s causing so much problems.   Getting really fed up with the service from ID.

When out and about I have no signal or really poor signal.  I am unable to send or receive messages and cannot browse the internet.  It’s not just me, my daughters also on ID aim and she struggles as well and it’s causing so much problems.   Getting really fed up with the service from ID.  It’s starting happening last month and the last week it’s been so bad, I have missed important messages as they didn’t come through until I got home and linked into my Wi-Fi.  Paying for a service for both me and my daughter that I am not receiving!!

I ordered a sim 8 days ago. I had an email acknowledging the purchase but nothing since. As I don’t have a number I can’t get onto Chat to tell them! How do I resolve this?

Can someone help assist me? I am trying to cancel my ID plan. Was on a 24 month contract which finished Feb 2021 and was charged for March and can see April will be charged too…?!! There was a small outstanding bill to be paid, which “has” but can see the balance is still the same. And whats with the chatbot when you need to speak to a REAL person? does my head in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Wendy Pearson,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Chouds,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @bonus122,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you definitely enter the correct email address?

It may be worth checking your junk emails etc as it can show there.

On some occasions it can take a few hours before you receive the confirmation to confirm that the order has gone through.

Kash

I received a new sim card from ID Mobile last year and i’ve noticed its using the Virgin Mobile network (which is very bad in my area). Has anyone else experienced this?

Userlevel 1

i have no idea if this is a question or what to call it. im having a few problems with Id at the moment, double charging for one but now i have another issue come up. today i  had to buy an add on because i used up all my voice minutes. im confused because the last time i looked i had around 25 minutes left and that was a few days ago. i have made some calls but they dont amount to 25mins. the texts warning me that i was up to 80% useage came in between yesterday and today then a few hours ago a received a txt saying all had gone and my cap too. now i know i have not made any calls since getting the text advising i had used 80% of my minutes so where did they go? is there a time lapse between calls made,minutes used and notification to me via txt of my updated allowance situation? 

i would appreciate some guidance and answers regarding this because as things go, im quite fed up with Id today.

Hi,

I pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, and the upfront payment has already been taken from my account. I have changed my mind, and would like to have this pre-order cancelled and the upfront payment refunded. I've seen that a member had issues getting his cancellation and refund processed through live chat. He then was assisted by iD Mobile Employee Mohammed via PM to help solve the issue. Can someone assist please. Thanks

I'm in Fuerteventura and cannot receive it make calls. My roaming and international calls setting is on. All I get is "the call cannot be placed as the client is not available"

What's going on?

My wife moved to ID Mobile some time ago but didn’t have an e-mail address, so she used mine and that is now her login username. I have just joined and can’t register my account because my e-mail is already in use! Any way around this?

As of last week some people are unable to call my number. It doesn't even go to voicemail or even attempt to ring. The call just goes dead. The only way they can call me is if we are both on Wi-Fi calling.  Is there a way I can check with? The problem is because I can't seem to figure it out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Right-in, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

We’ll see you there.

Hey @Philip Smith, unfortunately not. Once an email address has been registered to an account for log-in purposes, it can’t be removed or used again. If it’s an email provider that doesn’t recognise full stops though (such as GMail) then you can get around this by adding a full stop somewhere in the first half of the email address.

So, for example, instead of joebloggs@imaginarymail.com you’d use joe.bloggs@imaginarymail.com

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Rory,

Many thanks for your assistance so far. However I am still waiting for my refund. Can you look in to this please? I feel I should have received it by now.

Thanks,

Ruhul

Hello @Right-in 

Apologies, it looked like your message was missed here. Have you since had the refund sorted?

@Merlyn1111, cancelling the Direct Debit will not cancel the contract and may only negatively impact you here. Have you contacted us to process a disconection of the contract?

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I received a new sim card from ID Mobile last year and i’ve noticed its using the Virgin Mobile network (which is very bad in my area). Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello @Jesh,

That doesn’t sound right.

iD Mobile uses Three UK’s network for coverage so wouldn’t connect to Virgin Media’s network.

Mohammed

Waiting months for currys vouchers after recommending my husband! Can someone update us please 

Why iD Mobile?