Sticky F.A.Q.

Wi-Fi Calling & 4G Calling

Show first post

112 replies

I have switched from ee to id purely for the great deal i was offered. However i have just found out that my phone lg g5 is not compatible with wifi calling.

Will this be added as we live in a black spot for your signal.

Regards

Mark
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Bosshogg,

We already have a WiFi Calling topic on our forum already.

Please use the search function next time before creating a topic.

I've merged your topic to the existing one.

At this moment in time, we're working with manufacturers to add new handsets to our supported lists and we'll keep this topic updated when newer handsets are available.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
ID looks great. The only thing holding us back from brining all my lines over is the lack of WiFi calling on Android handsets that natively support it.

Any plans to include it on other devices? Especially those that don't require any software like the P Smart, P20 etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @luutjamie, @Isaac & @Teeks91,

Welcome to the iD Community.

We're working with the manufacturers directly to add new handsets to our list.

We'll keep this topic updated when a new handset is added.

Mohammed
I've seen that Wifi calling is now available on selected devices. I'm just wondering if any other devices are in the pipe line. It would be very handy for me as i don't get any phone signal in my flat atm 😞

I use a Huawei P10.
Userlevel 1
It'd be great if you'd enable WiFi call on the Google
pixel 2 XL.
@Nikhil P @Mohammed Please can I appeal to you to add the HTC U Ultra to the list of handsets that support WiFi Calling?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
When will wifi calling be available on Samsung Galaxy handsets? The area I'm in has no signal from ID. I saw that you supported Wifi calling which is one of the reasons that I chose to move to you but hadn't seen that you only supported Apple products. I have an S7.

Hi Slaine,

We're working on with the manufacturers on expanding our list of supported handsets. We don't have any set dates but will update this topic when a new handset is added.

Mohammed
When will wifi calling be available on Samsung Galaxy handsets? The area I'm in has no signal from ID. I saw that you supported Wifi calling which is one of the reasons that I chose to move to you but hadn't seen that you only supported Apple products. I have an S7.
Userlevel 4
We should also mention the benefit of native WiFi calling versus application based ones.

The native Wi-Fi calling implementation currently done by iD Mobile allows you to use an Wi-Fi connection to call in locations where there is no signal (blackspots). Eventually, when you have signal again, the call will handover to the carriers network seamlessly. There is no need to register for any applications as it is natively based on the device's modem (though you will need an supported firmware to enable Wi-Fi calling, which is where iD is continually trying to support more handsets through these updates).

This is a very useful feature indeed that application based calling is not capable of.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Wi-Fi calling was working brilliantly on my Samsung Galaxy S8 for a few weeks (I notice it's not on the official list), but now seems to have stopped.

Please reconsider adding it back again - like I said, it worked very well.

Thanks.

Welcome to the new iD Community Paul!

Whilst the Samsung Galaxy S8 isn't currently on our list, we're working on expanding our list of supported handsets.

We hope that this is available in the near future.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Wi-Fi calling was working brilliantly on my Samsung Galaxy S8 for a few weeks (I notice it's not on the official list), but now seems to have stopped.

Please reconsider adding it back again - like I said, it worked very well.

Thanks.

Why iD Mobile?