Sticky F.A.Q.

Wi-Fi Calling & 4G Calling

Show first post

111 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi,

Had my iD SIM for about a week now. I'm aware that Three only broadcasts VoLTE on Band 20 (800 MHz). One thing I'm noticing is that if both LTE bands are available, I'm tending get Band 3 i.e. no VoLTE. In areas with limited Band 3 but good Band 20 the phone is constantly switching between VoLTE and UMTS (I.e. 3G) I tested this on my partner's phone and the results were the same.

E.g. Currently I'm in Lancaster City Centre, on 4G but not on VoLTE. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi,

What phones are you using?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3

List updated with Honor 50.

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Had my iD SIM for about a week now. I'm aware that Three only broadcasts VoLTE on Band 20 (800 MHz). One thing I'm noticing is that if both LTE bands are available, I'm tending get Band 3 i.e. no VoLTE. In areas with limited Band 3 but good Band 20 the phone is constantly switching between VoLTE and UMTS (I.e. 3G) I tested this on my partner's phone and the results were the same.

E.g. Currently I'm in Lancaster City Centre, on 4G but not on VoLTE. Anyone else experiencing this?
Hi,

What phones are you using?

Cheap Chinese model and a Moto G4 (which doesn't support VoLTE). Irrelevant though as I know that iD is not utilising Band 20 as much as it could. Plus the Umidigi worked flawlessly on EE 2 weeks ago 😐
  • Are there any plans to add wifi calling to the LG K42?

I live in an area where the mobile signal is variable so this would be very useful.

Unfortunately, not supporting Wi-Fi calling on my phone is a deal breaker. One of the reasons I moved to iD from Plusnet was that iD support Wi-Fi calling, while Plusnet does not. I did not check phone compatibility before switching, I just assumed it would work on my XZ1. I’m disappointed to find Wi-Fi calling does not work with my phone on iD Mobile, nor does it work with any of the newer Xperia phones I would consider upgrading to. So I’ll be off to Lebara, which does support Wi-Fi calling on XZ1, and on many more Sony Xperia models than iD mobile. Thank you for this forum thread. It has taken a while to work things out, and I wish I had found it before switching to iD, but it has been useful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Paulrichardson,

If the handset isn’t listed on the link below it means that you handset won’t be compatible with iD Mobile.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Kash

Userlevel 2

Hi @Meritez,

If the handset isn’t listed on the link below it means that you handset won’t be compatible with iD Mobile.

Kash

Any reason you are responding to a reply from 2 years ago?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Meritez,

Kash

Any reason you are responding to a reply from 2 years ago?

@Meritez,

Sorry for the reply, this was meant for a different user.

Regards,

Kash

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article updated with the Motorola Moto G22.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Stevetuc 

It’s unlikely that this device would be one we’d add as it’s not one we sell. 

Mohammed

I'm new to ID and would like to use WiFi calling, as the signal inside my house is non existent.  My phone is a Realme 8, it's not on the list, but phones on its sister company Oppo are on the list. Will WiFi calling work my phone?

Why iD Mobile?