F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Show first post

237 replies

My contract has expired and I want to turn to SIM only. My son is using the phone in the USA so I was hoping that it wouldn’t actually involve a new SIM altogether. Can you confirm whether I will definitely need a new SIM or whether it is possible to switch the current SIM to SIM only mode?

Thanks very much

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @bonus122,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you definitely enter the correct email address?

It may be worth checking your junk emails etc as it can show there.

On some occasions it can take a few hours before you receive the confirmation to confirm that the order has gone through.

Kash

i have just made a order on a phone device but i havent recieved any confirmation email or anything literally no email nothing!

so can i knkw the status of my order i got order number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Jomo,

Glad to hear that @andewhite’s suggestion solved this!

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

OK so I went into Chat Features from the phone settings rather than the message settings, whilst the chat features were turned off and this time it has allowed me to enter my old EE number for verification, 3 mins later, it worked, so thanks andewhite, you kind of got me there👍

Userlevel 1

Thanks andewhite but that didn't work either, however I did notice that the chat features were set to go with the original ID phone number issued with the sim

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have had two Live Chat conversations about this issue and neither have worked. I joined ID on 12th Nov and ported my number from on EE on 16th. Phone calls and WhatsApp are working fine but my Text Messages from my phone get received from the replaced ID phone number and Text Messages sent to my number are going to my old decomissioned phone. I have a Google Pixel 7 phone.

Okay @Jomo, just TURN OFF the “Chat features” option in the Messages app on your Pixel 7.

If you leave the “Chat features” option disabled (off), your texts will come from your old EE number, which you switched over to iD on 16th.

Userlevel 1

I have had two Live Chat conversations about this issue and neither have worked. I joined ID on 12th Nov and ported my number from on EE on 16th. Phone calls and WhatsApp are working fine but my Text Messages from my phone get received from the replaced ID phone number and Text Messages sent to my number are going to my old decomissioned phone. I have a Google Pixel 7 phone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I'm buying new id mobile phone and contract as a Christmas gift for someone. When they first use it in about 4 weeks time, will it be straightforward for them to transfer the number they already have with an 02 phone to the new id mobile phone?

They’ll need to get a PAC from O2, and then give their O2 PAC to iD Mobile.

It’s explained in more detail at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/switching-to-idmobile.

I'm buying new id mobile phone and contract as a Christmas gift for someone. When they first use it in about 4 weeks time, will it be straightforward for them to transfer the number they already have with an 02 phone to the new id mobile phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No I still need help. Apparently the phone was returned to the depot then sent out again today but the DPD driver didn’t deliver again. I stayed in all day.   The whole saga is awful 

Hey @Quelli Coles,

Sorry to hear that, I’ll send you a PM here to look into this further.

@Steve1983,

That’s very odd indeed.

I will also send you a PM so we can look into how this has happened and what can be done to help resolve if any errors made.

Mohammed

Hello, 

Could you please help me with my situation?

ID Mobile have put on my records that I have defaulted on an account, to the value of £16 which comes from a £ 4 pm sim card.

This default is preventing me from getting any credit, and most importantly a mortgage on my family home.

It makes no sense at all that I would default on a £4 pm payment.  I have another ID Mobile account that is fully paid and several years old, paid by direct debit and never missed a payment.  Nor have I ever missed a payment on any other credit.

I have :

1.            Never received a notice of any sort telling me I was missing payments

2.            Always paid for the other sim card, which I still use to this date

3.            Never received any notification that I’m risking a defaulted account

4.            Checked in with ID mobile (via chat as this was the only method of contact) to see if they could identify any accounts, I have outstanding that need to be paid, they said all my accounts were fully paid and up to date.

5.            Finally with the help of Experian managed to find the account in question and pay the outstanding balance immediately.

Please help

Steve

No I still need help. Apparently the phone was returned to the depot then sent out again today but the DPD driver didn’t deliver again. I stayed in all day.   The whole saga is awful 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Quelli Coles,

We are sorry to hear about this.

Did you manage to get any assistance with this or do you still require help?

Please let us know here and we can assist you further.

Kash

So my new phone has been delivered to the wrong address and wrong person by DPD , who won’t help. Currys won’t  help abd im not getting anywhere with ID. I was on a SIM only deal £8 then decided  to upgrade my phone. PLEASE, please help me to revert back and cancel the new context before the £25 goes out

My phone had been delivered to the wrong person, wrong address. DPD won’t help, currys won’t help. I need to cancel the contract taken out last week before I’m charged. PLEASE, please help. I used to have a SIM. Only contract which I need to keep. The live chat isn’t helping either 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello ​​​​​​ @Toffee1963,

That’s odd.

Assuming the account is in your name (not you being the bill payer but was purchased in your name also),

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

This is ridiculous. I've only just opened 3 sim only plan's paid monthly by direct debit 4 day's ago.

You have sent me an email saying that you are going to close my wife's account and she has not requested this?

I want you to not cancel my wife's account?

If you do then I will have to cancel my account and my son's. 

This is urgent ?

I keep getting emails from you saying that you are going to cancel my wife's account?

We have only joined 4 day's ago and she has not requested for her account to be closed. 

Her name is Mariama Mclea the phone number is REMOVED

I'm her husband and I pay all the sim only plan's by direct debit for my account and my wife's and son's accounts. 

My wife asked me to contact you regarding this matter and to stop you from closing her account?

How do I stop 1 of my accounts being cancelled?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Robertfairfoot 

You’re Welcome.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Most helpful, thanks Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Robertfairfoot,

You can usually upgrade around 60 days before your contract minimum term. If you wish to move to a SIM only contract you would need to wait until the minimum term expiry. You should be able to see the options available once the minimum expiry term has passed.

Kash

My plan doesn’t end until 31.12.22, why is Id offering me a change on 2.11.22? At the end of this plan I will have bought the phone and will choose the £6/month plan with 4 Gig of data and unlimited texts & calls, how can I do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SMunro 

What issues are you having with the number not having transferred?

Have you had a text from us to confirm the number has transferred over?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?