Question

I stopped receiving short texts from HMRC, or bank

• 2 November 2023
  • 7 replies

I never had any issues with this, but since yesterday, even if I did not do any changes to my ID account, I stopped receiving those short messages with authentication codes. I am operating a Dual SIM Samsung, both SIMs are active, checked the settings. Please help me. Thank you

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe change to using the HMRC app to authenticate instead of SMS - or get a phone call instead of an SMS.

The GSM standard for SMS does not guarantee message delivery, and the HMRC IT systems can sometimes go wrong.

It is just very strange, I always received them from HMRC. Just downloaded their app and as a security step, it is the same requirement to type the code sent by SMS. So there is no way around it. Thank you for trying to help, I appreciate it

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When I had this problem - not getting my access code from HMRC by SMS - I just changed to use a callback instead of an SMS. 

The online HMRC login has an option “Problems receiving this code? You can get help”. 

If you use the “You can get help” link, you should be able to change the way you get your access code @Alina Ioana Mocanu.

Thank you so much, finally managed to get in through the app now. But even when I asked to be called, did not receive any call. 

Me not receiving any SMS makes me worried when I will need to use my mobile banking services. 

Any way I can be contacted back by an ID adviser to check my settings from your end? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Alina Ioana Mocanu, I’m just a forum member like you. 

Are you transferring, or have you just transferred, your mobile number to iD Mobile? 

For immediate support, it’s best to try the online live chat service @Alina Ioana Mocanu - the agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

I am new on the forum, so was not sure how does it work. I will contact them on the chat.

Thank you again for helping me out! 

Take care

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alina Ioana Mocanu 

Glad to hear @andewhite could help you here, if you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?