Question

PAYG sim not activated

• 13 November 2023
  • 6 replies

I bought a PAYG sim card with 1gb data and unlimited calls and texts. People can call me but I can’t make calls, text or use internet as the bundle hasn’t been activated

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Victoria Coll,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you purchase the bundle online or via the app?

Have you checked the balance on your account?

What happens when you try and make a call?

Kash

I purchased the sim card from Curry’s online. IT says ‘you are currently unable to make any calls as you have reached your cap limit’. It has been saying that since I inserted the sim. It doesn’t allow me to call and check the sim balance

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I purchased the sim card from Curry’s online. IT says ‘you are currently unable to make any calls as you have reached your cap limit’. It has been saying that since I inserted the sim. It doesn’t allow me to call and check the sim balance

Other iD PAYG users, using bundles with unlimited calls and texts, have posted here that adding some credit to their iD PAYG account stops this problem happening. Having to work-around a service provider billing system issue isn’t ideal though.

Perhaps it’s worthwhile getting the iD customer service team double-check your iD account @Victoria Coll - you can get in-touch as follows:

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Hi,

Thanks for that but I tried and the agent couldn’t help me. It’s exhausting trying to get someone to speak to or actually resolve the issue. I was actually only trialling a PAYG because I was looking into a monthly contract but based on this experience I don’t think I will bother switching.

Thanks anyway.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah yes, iD can be incredibly frustrating to deal with when something goes wrong @Victoria Coll.

If you’re happy using the Three UK network and don’t want a handset contract, maybe worth looking at SMARTY Mobile.

Similar pricing to the iD SIM only products, including inclusive EU roaming to use your UK allowances while roaming in the EU, subject to a maximum of 12GB/month limit of roaming mobile data - might be an option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Victoria Coll,

Did you manage to get any further assistance with this?

If you still require assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?