Solved

To PAC or not to PAC

• 31 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I currently have a monthly rolling iD sim only account. I’m wanting to buy a phone through mobiles.co.uk which has an iD sim with it. Do I have to cancel my current iD account, get a PAC and then provide this to mobiles.co.uk to rejoin iD or is there a simpler way? iD upgrades cannot match the deal I’m getting with mobiles.co.uk

icon

Best answer by Lauren 1 February 2024, 14:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Duncan Liddle, iD Mobile won’t transfer a mobile number from iD account to another iD account. 

To use the number you want to keep with your new “mobiles.co.uk” iD SIM + handset deal, you’ll need to perform a triangle port.

This involves switching the number from your old iD account to another service provider (using a PAC), and then switching the number you want to keep back to iD Mobile, to use with your new iD account (purchased through “mobiles.co.uk”).

🍀

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Duncan Liddle, welcome to the community!

@andewhite is correct here, you would need to process a triangle port to keep the mobile number. You’d be able to do this by transferring the number you want to keep to a pay as you go SIM with any other network. Once the number is on that SIM for 24-hours, you text ‘PAC’ to 65075. You can then give iD the PAC code to transfer the number onto the new iD mobile contract via the form I’ve linked below.

If you have any further questions or queries surrounding this, feel free to ask.

https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?