Samsung Galaxy A series phones: Your complete buyer's guide

• 31 March 2023
  • 1 reply
Samsung Galaxy A series phones: Your complete buyer's guide
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Here's everything you need to know about Samsung's best-selling series.

The Samsung Galaxy A series are some of the best value mid-range smartphones around. These 5G phones come with the same type of specs that were previously only found on Samsung’s flagship S series, and they’re at a much more affordable price point. So, let’s take a look at the Galaxy A14 5G, Galaxy A34 5G and Galaxy A54 5G to see what they’ve got to offer.

Samsung A14 5G

The entry-level Galaxy A14 5G is packed with loads of great features you usually won’t find on a phone at this low price-point. The 6.6-inch Full HD+ display is big and bright, with a 90Hz refresh rate that means the screen responds and refreshes quicker. It makes using your phone much more responsive and smoother.

Elsewhere, the triple lens camera setup includes a 50MP main camera and 13MP front camera for detailed selfies. Plus, the high capacity 5,000mAh battery will keep you powered up all day long.

Most phone manufacturers have done away with the 3.5mm headphone socket, but it’s present and correct on the Galaxy A14 5G. So, if you’ve got a well-loved pair of wired headphones, you can get acquainted with them again.

Note: we also sell a non-5G version of the Galaxy A14. It’s slightly cheaper, but obviously you won’t enjoy the blazing fast speeds you get with a 5G network like iD Mobile.

Samsung A34 5G

The Galaxy A34 5G is a great looking mid-range phone, with a design based on the flagship Galaxy S series. At the top of the 6.5-inch display you’ll see the Infinity-U notch that houses the front-facing camera, give you a larger and more immersive screen that’s perfect for games and movies.

The triple camera setup is really impressive for a phone of this price. It consists of a 48MP main camera, 5MP ultra-wide camera, and a 2MP depth camera for taking detailed close ups, wide photos and everything in between - all in ‘ready-to-post-straight-to-Insta’ quality.  The Galaxy A34 5G also has long-lasting battery to keep you going all day, and it’s tough enough for daily use with water and dust resistance. Other cool features include a fingerprint scanner, facial recognition, and a headphone jack.

Samsung A54 5G

The Galaxy A54 5G is actually a little smaller than the Galaxy A34 5G above – but it more than makes up for things with an advanced processor under its hood, a better camera system, and a more premium design. It’s definitely the pick of the bunch.

The Samsung Galaxy A54 features an almost identical design to the flagship Galaxy S23, which is one of its biggest appeals. You're getting a real flagship look without paying a premium price. The 6.5-inch Full HD+ display makes everything you do look amazing, and the quad camera setup is pro quality. It includes a 48MP main camera, 5MP ultrawide camera, 2MP macro camera (for incredible close-ups), and a 2MP depth sensor.

Other standout features include a long-lasting 5,000mAh battery, 15W fast charging, and a speedy Snapdragon 750G processor that’s powerful to handle anything you throw at it.

How do I score myself an A?

Want to make one of these awesome Androids your next phone? You can order the Galaxy A14 5GGalaxy A34 5G, or Galaxy A54 5G from iD Mobile right now.

An iD Mobile plan gives you all the flexibility and control you need. You can enjoy ultra-fast 5G coverage, roll over unused data, cap your out-of-plan charges and stay right on top of your expenses using the iD app.

Over to you. What do you think? Will you be going for one of these A-mazing Galaxy phones? If you’ve got one already, how are you getting on with it? We’d love to hear your thoughts, so share your comments below.

1 reply

Userlevel 2

I've had various incarnations of the Galaxy S series for a fair few years but I think, when my latest S21 gives up, I might go for something from the A series. I'm sure I don't need half the things the S series offers over the A.

Why iD Mobile?