Question

2 sim only contracts how to know which sim for which phone number as retaining old numbers

• 4 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi 

I tried the chat bots, agents etc for more than 2 hours with no solid answer. I purchased 2 sim only contracts , and gave the pac code when doing so. I received both sims and ready to transfer and retain old number from ee and Vodaphone. The question is how do I know which SIM card is for which phone contract. 

Anyone ? Help please 

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If iD can’t tell you based on your order number(s), then you’ll probably need to wait for your number switching to be completed, @Sarisha Naidoo.

Once the switch from EE and Vodafone has been completed, you should be able to work things out.

🤞

Thank u 4 the reply. So you think put any card in and see if it works. they could not help from the order numbers 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank u 4 the reply. So you think put any card in and see if it works. they could not help from the order numbers 

I’m assuming you know the EE mobile number and Vodafone mobile number, which you’re switching to iD Mobile? 

If you know these two numbers, then after the date you scheduled for your switches (scheduled at the point-of-purchase), each iD SIM card should’ve one of the numbers you’ve ported, @Sarisha Naidoo?

hi 

Scheduled switch was 22/2. I know the ee and Vodaphone numbers yes. 

Phone s recognising id mobile though the app is not allowing me to register my old number 

I can text and what's app , how will I know if switched to my old number

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried calling / texting a friend / family member, to ask them what number is shown on their phone, @Sarisha Naidoo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sarisha Naidoo,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know what happens after trying what @andewhite has advised.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?