Question

Appalling Cellular Service

• 3 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Since changing to ID mobile my cellular calls have become almost non-existent.  Given we cannot contact any ID Mobile representative directly I am concerned as to how we are expected to report such issues?  On requesting to cancel my ID contact I have been informed I have to pay for the remaining contract length yet such issues were not prevalent within the first week and cellular calls aren’t typically more than a few a week yet in the past few weeks I have had to receive numerous business related calls and am persistently having to apologies!! Not great iD Mobile / Currys / Three.  5G network is awesome, until it’s not, then 4G seems to be unusable too. So that’s Cellular and NON-5G which are appalling. 

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re still in your cooling off period, you could just get a returns transaction number from iD, then switch to another service provider, @Tony Ben

Check real-world mobile coverage at https://mastdata.com, which has actual signal reception information for many locations in the UK for the main service providers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tony Ben 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’ve had issues?

You’ve mentioned that you’ve had issues since changing to iD Mobile, but then that such issues were not prevalent in the first week. As @andewhite suggests you’d be able to return in your cooling off period should you find issues in that time.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?