April 2024 - Mobile app and My Account outage

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good evening.

The last few days have seen an inability for iD customers to use their online accounts.  This has affected usage via the web but also the “new” app.

Whilst everyone has been impacted, this unplanned outage seems to have hit new customers hardest.  But the fallout has also been hurting existing customers and in various ways.

I consider myself lucky.  Just before the outage kicked-in, I was able to action an upgrade, not that I can log-in to check specifics or see details.  Thankfully iD’s emails have been flowing at least.

This Community forum has seen iD staff or associates doing a great - albeit difficult - job as always.  But where are formal comms?  Relying on Webchat support is “okay” but seemingly doesn’t always work.

Anyone else feel this is a Change Management nightmare?  Bad comms?  No urgency?  The sense of being cut off?  And WHO is really listening?

I generally enjoy being an iD customer but what I’ve seen and heard in recent days is painful.  I recall that years ago the ‘ombudsman’ was a good route to follow for a number of reasons...

11 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a feeling that companies who are upfront and honest and apologetic get a lot more grace and sympathy than those who keep their head in the sand. It seems that being able to log into your account, thus check balances etc etc has now not been working for a week? This is not acceptable, but more so with only a ‘bear with us’ notice - an email from the CEO to all customers would be my first port of call - but maybe their systems are so badly affected that they literally don’t have our email addresses or accounts or anything anymore??!!!

Userlevel 1

Agree with you both 100%. I also like ID but the lack of information is really poor. An e mail or text to say things are going badly, an apology or some sort of timescale would be nice. They seem to be able to text or email about price changes etc so why not something about this.

I have also recently upgraded but the phone was on order now can't check progress as I can't log in. I did get a reply on twitter but it didn't really help much.

Userlevel 2

Good evening.

The last few days have seen an inability for iD customers to use their online accounts.  This has affected usage via the web but also the “new” app.

Whilst everyone has been impacted, this unplanned outage seems to have hit new customers hardest.  But the fallout has also been hurting existing customers and in various ways.

I consider myself lucky.  Just before the outage kicked-in, I was able to action an upgrade, not that I can log-in to check specifics or see details.  Thankfully iD’s emails have been flowing at least.

This Community forum has seen iD staff or associates doing a great - albeit difficult - job as always.  But where are formal comms?  Relying on Webchat support is “okay” but seemingly doesn’t always work.

Anyone else feel this is a Change Management nightmare?  Bad comms?  No urgency?  The sense of being cut off?  And WHO is really listening?

I generally enjoy being an iD customer but what I’ve seen and heard in recent days is painful.  I recall that years ago the ‘ombudsman’ was a good route to follow for a number of reasons…

Morning @Jonty Soper,

Thank you for your message. We understand the rollout of the iD Mobile app has not gone as expected, and impacting both new and existing customers. Currently, our updates on the status of the iD Mobile app and MyAccount Online can be found here:

The good news is, steps are being made in the right direction. Once we have an update, we will be amending this article.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

The current status, a wait to get onto the Web site (I'm not buying taylor swift tickets) but it never gets there just goes to the bear with us page.....

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good morning.

Things are better this morning but not 100%.  For me, I can log-in using the website or new app, but the app often asks me to re-login when I switch from wireless at home to mobile data or vice versa.  Just a bit tedious, nothing else.

Thank you iD for getting things back up!

Userlevel 1

No better for me. Still can't log in on either or is starts, keeps me waiting then times out and I get the bear with us message. Of course if I wanted to buy a new phone....there seems to be no issue with that.

Looking at downdetector there seem to be still lots of people having the same issue.

Userlevel 1

This is now really annoying. I have 3 phones with ID,my own, and both of my sons. I have just upgraded one and another is due for an upgrade. Its is important to me be able to check what's going on on all 3 accounts by logging in and I can't. I have never had any issues with ID before but this is beginning yo make me question staying with them.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good morning.

I expect we’ll have to wat for the weekend to pass in order for things to settle down.  Only then will we know if issues are due to demand or because parts are still broken.

I do wonder if my success of using the new app and/or web interface is because I re-registered just before things went cuckoo.  Oh my, I hope it wasn’t me that made all things crash?! 😉

These things with iD are annoying.  In fact, in the weeks prior I found every time I tried to log-in there seemed to be “maintenance” occurring.  Really?!  But iD’s prices are good and they’re quite feature-packed for an MVNO.

I hope all things work out for you.

Jonty.

Good morning,

Had the queue and bear message yesterday…. then nothing an hour ago (blank screen)… then the bear message just now.

Interestingly my post from last week about not being able to download recent bills has had one reply (so they tell me by email) but is missing from the Community topic pages and on my account.  Have problems spread?

I hope ID pull this together soon as I like their pricing and simplicity very much.

Simon

Is there any update I do wonder? Just tried to log into the app and got an error message. 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Derri,

An update will be provided by end of day today. This article will be the one to check:

Why iD Mobile?