Question

how long does it take for my number to be transferred over?

• 23 October 2023
  • 12 replies

I set for my number to be transferred over this morning between 8-10am and now at 3:30 i still haven’t received the SMS message to say it’s transferred and it still has the original iD mobile number which I don’t want? How long can it take? 

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The iD web site advises number transfers take place between 8am - 6pm, on the transfer day @Meglouise. When I joined iD and switched my number over, my transfer completed at around 4pm. 

Userlevel 1

Sadly, I’ve been waiting 3 weeks and still not done.  I have been on the phone with my old provider and they say ID have the correct PAC so there are not issues.  ID Mobile blocking Transaction

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sadly, I’ve been waiting 3 weeks and still not done.  I have been on the phone with my old provider and they say ID have the correct PAC so there are not issues.  ID Mobile blocking Transaction

Unfortunately @fia, the OFCOM rules about mobile number portability make the gaining network 100% responsible for completing the switch properly and on-time. 

Perhaps whenever two parties are involved, it can be easy for them to blame each other, which doesn't help the customer.

The UK mobile number portability steering group is supposed to make sure processes and procedures for number transfer are as efficient and reliable as possible, and work well in the real-world. Sadly, the process is not fully automated, and seems over-reliant on the donor (losing) service provider acting in good faith. There don’t seem to be penalties for the losing service provider if they don't play by the rules. 

The iD web site advises number transfers take place between 8am - 6pm, on the transfer day @Meglouise. When I joined iD and switched my number over, my transfer completed at around 4pm. 

Ah ok! Thank you! Still haven’t received anything now so we’ll see! Fingers crossed soon 🤞🏼

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah ok! Thank you! Still haven’t received anything now so we’ll see! Fingers crossed soon 🤞🏼

Unfortunately @Meglouise, the online iD site is confusing because elsewhere it states it can take up until 10pm for the transfer to complete. 

Has your old service provider’s SIM card become inactive yet?

Userlevel 1

Three customer service advised me to get a Pay as you go sim and add PAC I have  (given to me by Three) before expiry day to the new PAYG sim.  Pay as you go sim can’t be ID Mobile or Three for the obvious reasons. 

I guess there’s nothing to lose.  As once all this is settled I’ll cancel my contract with ID Mobile.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Three customer service advised me to get a Pay as you go sim and add PAC I have  (given to me by Three) before expiry day to the new PAYG sim.  Pay as you go sim can’t be ID Mobile or Three for the obvious reasons. 

I guess there’s nothing to lose.  As once all this is settled I’ll cancel my contract with ID Mobile.

I don’t understand how Three would be able to give you a PAC, for an iD account @fia

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @fia,

Just checking if you require assistance with this still?

As @andewhite advised can you please provide further information on the PAC that Three provided?

Kash

Userlevel 1

I'm waiting for my SMS message telling me that my number has been transferred. From what was mentioned in this chat, I'm hoping I'll get the message soon. 🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Daniel 6789,

Welcome to the Community!

Your port should complete by 10pm on the port date.

If the port isn’t completed by then, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Yes thanks. I got the sms message around 7pm. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Daniel 6789,

Glad to hear it’s sorted.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?