Question

keep number

• 3 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I have followed the instructions re: to keep my number, I have gone into my phone settings to change to my old number but it won’t save it.. keeps changing back to my new sim number.. so callers think I’m engaged?

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Same here !!!

When iD Mobile accepted my application, I was issued a new mobile phone number however once the new SIM arrived, I successfully performed the switch using the PAC code issued by my old mobile provider. My phone now operates on my old number which is what I wanted.

However, I noticed that in Settings > Phone > My Number , the phone number issued to me by iD Mobile is the number still showing so I replaced the iD Mobile number with my old number and hit Save however my phone refuses to save my number no matter how many times I try it 😡

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

This is nothing to do with id Mobile and everything to do with your device. Simply waiting for the porting process to complete before placing the SIM with a temporary number in to the device would prevent such issues. Anyway, performing a reset of the network settings usually resolves the problem.

Userlevel 1

... performing a reset of the network settings usually resolves the problem.

Thanks @WelshPaul  , I performed a Network Reset on my phone and that did the trick solving my issue 👍🏾 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @dropcall,

Glad to hear that it is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?