Solved

Upgrade

• 1 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I’m on a sim only monthly contract but want to upgrade to a pay monthly contract with a new phone. Do I get to keep my number automatically if I do it as an upgrade or will I need to get my number transferred over to the new phone

icon

Best answer by andewhite 1 March 2024, 10:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @davebhwv, you’ll only keep your number automatically if you choose from the eligible upgrade offers, shown when you’re signed-in to your iD online account, or the iD app.

If you don’t see the handset you’d like, then iD have deemed you’re not eligible. 

You can also discuss your upgrade options with the iD sales team, by calling 020 7139 1397.

🍀

It says "(Upgrade)" under the name of the phone when I look in my basket. 

So I can assume that, if I go ahead and tap on "continue", that my number will automatically transfer onto the new phone?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry, don’t know @davebhwv - can’t see the screen you’re looking at, and I’m just a forum member like yourself, without access to your iD online account.

If you upgrade by following the iD Mobile approved upgrade process, you’ll automatically keep your mobile number. 

These forum articles might help in this situation.

Otherwise just call the iD sales team, on 020 7139 1397, to discuss your upgrade options, @davebhwv.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @davebhwv,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that you managed to upgrade and get your issue resolved.

If you require further assistance with your upgrade I would advise giving the Sales Team a call.

However please do let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?