Billing – everything you need to know, in one place

• 25 March 2020
  • 0 replies
Billing – everything you need to know, in one place
Userlevel 8
Badge

We know things are a little uncertain at the moment and bills can be frustrating or confusing at the best of times, it’s never felt more important to be aware of what we are spending and how we can be in control of it.

So, here’s everything you need to know about your iD Mobile bill, in one place to help.

The Basics 

Your bill is produced once every month on your billing date, your billing date is the last day of your billing month. Your billing month is the period of time you have you have your allowances for, for example this could be the 15th of one month to the 14th of the next month.

Where can I view my bill?

You can view and download your current and previous bills by logging in to the iD Mobile app and going to the 'Billing' page.

We’ll text you when your new bill is ready to view.

I need help understanding what my bill means

If you are unsure of what different things on your bill mean or you are unsure of the layout of your bill, you can head here and see an annotated example bill packed with all the information you need to get clarity.

For any charges you are unsure of also head here  to get a comprehensive breakdown of additional costs.

How can I pay my bill?

​​​​​​Direct Debit

If you already have a Direct Debit set up with us, there’s nothing else you need to do we’ll take the amount from your account on or around 14days after your bill is produced (take a look on the App, My Account or your bill to see when we will debit you).

If you don’t have Direct Debit set up on your account, we’d recommended you set it up, as it’s the easiest way to pay your monthly bills.

To set up Direct Debit, log on to the iD Mobile app or My Account online, go to the 'My Billing' page, and select 'Manage my Direct Debit'. Then simply follow the instructions on the screen.

Please note: Direct Debit instruction can take up to 10 working days to fully activate on your account. So if you have a payment due within 10 days, we’d recommend making a manual payment first, to ensure no disruptions to your service.

Manual card payment

If you'd prefer to make manual card payments, you can do this by logging in to the iD Mobile app or My Account online, going to the 'My Billing' page, and selecting 'Make a payment'. Then follow the steps shown on the screen and click submit.

Alternatively, you can pay by calling 7777 from your iD Mobile phone, then selecting option 2, for ‘payment or billing queries’, then 2 again to ‘make a payment’. 

If you’ve got a Direct Debit set up on your account but you’d prefer to make a manual payment, you need to do it at least 3 days before your Direct Debit payment is due. Because if you don’t, the Direct Debit payment might also be taken!

We can understand this is a difficult time for you and so we ask that if you do find yourself in financial difficulty, please reach out to us and we will try and assist you any way we can.

Managing my monthly spend

Why is my bill higher than expected?

Going over your monthly allowance of data and minutes is one of the most common reasons for unexpectedly high bills. Luckily, you can keep tabs on your remaining allowances by checking the iD Mobile App

Here is a quick breakdown of some of the most common charges you may see

Calls

Calls to standard UK mobile numbers, numbers starting 01, 02 or 03, numbers based in the Channel Islands or Isle of Man, or calls to non-standard 07 numbers

40p

Roaming

If you’re visiting a country not included in our Inclusive Roaming list

Click here [link] for Roaming Charges by country

Texts

All iD Mobile Pay Monthly plans come with either 5000 or unlimited standard texts

Free

Data

Data use per MB

10.24p

MMS (pictures, photos, emojis, GIFs, audio, video files, long texts on some phones)

30p

Personal numbering services (starting with 070)

£2 per minute

Pager calls (starting with 076)

£1.22

Corporate numbering service (starting with 070)

£2 per minute

Premium numbers

£2 per minute

101 Police non-emergency line

15p per call (free on Pay as You Go)

Non-geographic numbers (starting with 084, 087, 09 or 118)

iD Mobile Access Charge of 45p per minute, plus a Service Charge

Can I set a Bill Cap on my plan?

Yes! You can set your Bill Cap and adjust it when and if you need in the app or online account. Your Bill Cap can be set anywhere between £0 and your Credit limit, ensuring you don’t spend more than you need to. Add-ons and other admin charges aren’t included within your Bill Cap, but any other chargeable usages like MMS, premium text messages, or if you happen to run out of data and start to use chargeable data, are controlled by your Bill Cap.

Set it to something practical – even if it’s a £1, you never know when you might just need it. Don’t use it, you won’t get charged for it.

How to keep on top of my usage?

The iD Mobile App and My Account online will show you real-time view of your allowances (Minutes, text or data), if you find you’re often running short, get in a habit of regularly checking it. The app doesn’t use any of your data allowance, so you can jump in and out of it, without having to worry about it, wherever you are.

When would I need an Add-on?

Data and Minutes Add-ons are there if you need them, and we’d recommend only getting one if you absolutely need one. If you find you’re running short of allowances to get you through the month Add-ons work out cheaper than standard out-of-plan charges.

One more thing

Keeping in touch with friends and family with pictures and videos is important to all of us, here is a quick tip on how to avoid any unnecessary charges and what they are

MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service)

All iD plans come with unlimited standard texts, but there’s a difference between a standard text (SMS) and an MMS – a MMS is when you send a picture message, GIF, emoticon (smiley faces) or sound clip via text; even if you send a text over 160 characters, this can potentially be converted in to an MMS and are charged at 30p.

WhatsApp/iMessage/Facebook Messenger

Internet messaging services are an alternative to sending a standard text and you are probably already using one or all of these services. These messaging services use the internet to send and receive messages, you can send standard text, photos and videos without being charged to do so. However, being an internet based service it will use your monthly data allowance (unless you’re connected to Wi-Fi).

If you need more information on billing – checkout out our billing related help and support articles or ask the Community.

Please note: when asking the Community, do not put any personal information, such as account number, address or contact number.

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?