Question

Poor internet after upgrade

• 7 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I recently tried to upgrade my sim only plan from monthly to 12 month contract and i am already regretting the decision. I used to get 45-50 mbps internet speed on my monthly plan. However when i upgraded to better and expensive 12 month contract, my speed reduced to 2-10 mbps. 

I had a conversation with an agent on chat why recommended creating a new access point which i did but nothing happened. I asked him to evert back to old plan and even after that my speed is reduced.

I just dont understand why they  dropped the speed when i upgraded but somehow they dont have an answer. they kept asking for restarting, using flight mode etc and said its the signals in area. So the same home i had speed of 45-50 mbps and within 24 hour after upgrading the same area seems to have  poor signals.

I really wonder if their technical team thinks they can make others fool with such statements. 

I am already thinking to leave and go with some other provider who is a bit more transparent with the packages they offer.    

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey there @tababar, thank you for reaching out.

Firstly to confirm, upgrading wouldn’t change your upload/download speeds at all, or change your coverage. Upgrading is simply changing your contract with us, and isn’t changing the coverage you receive in a specific area.

To me, it sounds like there could possible be an issue or work going on in your area if it’s a recent and random drop. Please search your full postcode(s) via the link below to see if there’s any maintenance on-going which could be affecting your signal:

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network-and-coverage/network-support

If so, then that’s likely the cause of the signal drop and we hope it’s resolved soon. If that’s not to be the case or reasoning, then please don’t hesitate to get back in touch and we can investigate further for you.

Kind regards,

Tyler

Userlevel 1

there is no coverage or network issue. Three does not show any problem in this area. We have two sims in our household. both with same monthly package. both were working fine until i upgraded.

now my sim has data issue even after reversal of upgrade. The second sim we have in our household is still working fine.

i can bet its the limit on sim and thats what these cheap providers do when someone uses more data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @tababar,

We don’t limit speeds etc as we offer the best available to you.

It may be worth trying a replacement SIM card as the SIM may be faulty.

You can collect a SIM from your local Curry’s store or alternatively we can get one sent out, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

well your agent didnt mention such solution. i can try this. but i can bet you have speed limit capped on certain sims and packages

would you please officially confirm you do not have speed limit cap on any of your sims or plans? 

I would love to challenge any such statement if confirmed officially

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

would you please officially confirm you do not have speed limit cap on any of your sims or plans? 

@Kash already confirmed that there are no speed caps

Hi @tababar,

We don’t limit speeds

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @tababar,

All speeds are provided as the fastest available at the location.

If you have received a new SIM and have experienced the problem since it may be a faulty SIM card.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?