can enable new phone

Userlevel 1

I have pac, new mobile number and transfer code, when I attempt to transfer I get the message 'something went wrong' and it fails to work. I tried setting up the new Galaxy. Two problems - it won't transfer anything from old to new phone (WiFi or cable, neither works), when I try to set up the new phone and enter my new mobile number, the verification code doesn't arrive. I'm starting to suspect my SIM isn't registered with the number ID sent.

Bottom line, I'm stuck and frustrated. This needs sorting out today or I'm getting in the car to Carephone Warehouse/Currys to get my money back

6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have got exactly the same problem. Entered all the numbers required numerous times and just get a message ‘Something has gone wrong’. Very frustrating and unable to access the live chat as well. 

Userlevel 1

I don't think the SIM they sent is associated with the number they gave me either. Putting aside any transfers etc, just setting up new phone and SIM doesn't work, just says no service. Tried the SIM in slot 1 and 2, nothing. This is an appalling arrive, I'm going to get a refund. I phoned the sales line I used when my application failed, they couldn't have been less interested. Warning to all - this is a rubbish service.

Userlevel 1

Received the following email from ID Community

'Good news! Gillarms has commented on your topic "can enable new phone"
If their comment has given you the help you need, please mark their comment as the 'Most Helpful Answer'. This will help your fellow Community members with the same query find the answer quicker. It's also nice to give a little thanks to the person who took the time to answer your question.
'

I don't think I'm missing anything here but no sign of Gillarms' message in this thread....

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Will Roberts,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I am the same . unable to transfer number using PAC so still getting charged from previous supplier . no contact number to call as need help asap , so i am not paying for 2 plans ! Failed to let me send a question and so I am sorry for jumping on this feed. I will be contacting Carphone warehouse for a refund as compensation for paying 2 bills . This is horrendous service it's been a month and nothing 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kerrie Buchanan 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom