Skip to main content
Solved

New contract but no connection

• 25 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I have just transferred my number to ID mobile whilst I am in France but I checked first that that was OK and that roaming is included.  Yesterday I was getting call failed and today it just cancels the call without trying to connect.  I have checked all my settings as advised and they are correct.  
Anybody got any ideas?

Hi @Janet B 

Sorry to hear this, are you able to try manually connecting to Free Mobile and BYTEL/BOUYGTE?

Have you tried a network settings reset while there?

For iPhone;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset RDevice] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For most Android;

Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

For Samsung; 

Settings > General management > Reset > Reset mobile network settings

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

Tom

I have just transferred my number to ID mobile whilst I am in France but I checked first that that was OK and that roaming is included.  Yesterday I was getting call failed and today it just cancels the call without trying to connect.  I have checked all my settings as advised and they are correct.  
Anybody got any ideas?

You’d normally need to be in the UK in order for the iD SIM card to receive its new settings (i.e. mobile number) following a switch to iD, @Janet B

Not sure this process is 100% reliable when using one of the iD Mobile roaming partner networks.

Hi @Janet B,

Did you use the SIM prior to the port?

If you could please try what @Tom has advised we can assist you further.

Kash