Skip to main content
Solved

New phone need PAYG SIM but online deal only for switching??

• 6 June 2024
  • 9 replies

Just bought an additional phone and want a PAYG SIM deal but trying to sign up it assumes I want to switch my current phone.  I cannot see an option just to buy a new deal.  Frustrated as deal ends today

OMG this is awful.  There is no help, not chatbot, no agents...I keep going around in circles getting nowhere.  Doesn’t seem like such a great service.  I guess I’ll pass.  

Nil points IDMobile.

Just bought an additional phone and want a PAYG SIM deal but trying to sign up it assumes I want to switch my current phone.  I cannot see an option just to buy a new deal.  Frustrated as deal ends today

See https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/pay-as-you-go/sim-only for the iD PAYG SIM only plans, @Briggs Verso.

For an online adviser, just tell the 24/7 iD chatbot you want to “talk to a person” - advisers work until 8pm on weekdays.

1. HAVE. TRIED.  NO LINK TO CLICK ON 
  2. REALLY????

You are not reading the problem properly.  I know what online deal I want for A NEW PHONE.  The online application only allows me to switch from my current deal.  I don’t want to change my current deal.  I want a PAYG SIM for a new phone.

Try phoning me - I’ve jumped through all your hoops to try to resolve this so the least you could do is that!

Try phoning me - I’ve jumped through all your hoops to try to resolve this so the least you could do is that!

Okay @Briggs Verso, I’m just a forum member here like yourself. 

For privacy and security reasons forum members can’t look at iD customer accounts, nor forum user accounts. 

You can discuss the upgrade options for your iD plan by calling the iD sales team - contact this team on 020 7139 1397. The advisers work 9am - 6pm.

Hi - I didn’t realise you weren’t ID.    Given more research into them (Facebook reflects appalling reviews) I’ve decided against them.  

Thanks anyway.

Hi - I didn’t realise you weren’t ID.    Given more research into them (Facebook reflects appalling reviews) I’ve decided against them.  

Thanks anyway.

Perhaps the correct decision, @Briggs Verso.

IMO, iD Mobile are a no-frills operator. They’re great value when everything works, but often incredibly frustrating when you need help & support.