Skip to main content
Solved

PAC code and porting old number across to IDM

@Heather Dauccia 
My wife has anew S24 with ID Mobile.
WE got the PAC code from EE and on Saturday 25th May 2024 and called ID Mobile and gave them the PAC code.
Yesterday (Tuesday) was the 1st workday. 
Today (Wednesday Morning) EE cut off the old phone. 
So effectively that must mean ID Mobile have ported the number.
Question
What happens now please.
Thanks
Les

Number transfers don’t happen immediately in the UK.

When I switched to iD Mobile, my switch was completed at around 3pm on the date scheduled, @Arthritus.

I’ll give it another day. The problem is that my wife has a business and  is self employed. Her customersy only know the old number. So she could be losing business. Why did EE stop the old phone number if you guys hadn’t ported it?

I’ll give it another day. The problem is that my wife has a business and  is self employed. Her customers only know the old number. So she could be losing business. Why did EE stop the old phone number if you guys hadn’t ported it?

Okay @Arthritus, I’m just a forum member like yourself. 

Just so you know, using an iD SIM card for business is a grey area, because the iD terms & conditions say iD plans are for personal use only. 

Anyway, UK mobile number transfers don’t happen immediately. Several hours or more might pass after the old EE stops working, before the ported number works with the iD SIM card.

When I switched to iD Mobile, it took ~5-hours (after my old provider’s SIM stopped working) before the number I wanted to keep worked with my iD SIM card.

Well my wife generally uses the internet for all her home based work and doesn’t use the phone to call her customers. She is a translator and does all her work on the PC. Her customers only call her if they can’t communicate by the internet. 

Just to say that the number got ported at 4pm UK time today. @andewhite Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

I have been waiting 4 days now for my number to port from 02 over to Id without success. I am unable to use my mobile. I have spoke to live chat 4 times, each times being assured they have sorted it out. But, it is still not sorted 

I suggest you call Id. You get more sorted that way.

Hi @Sandiey 

Sorry to hear this, what date was your port due to happen?

Are you still having issues with this?

Tom

Hi Tom. No it wasn’t sorted. They said pac code was invalid, although it is live u til 25/06. I ended up going to Curry’s for sim as requested. They said they had sorted that I’d have my old number by 6pm last night. But, it’s the new number that’s live. So that’s a week of my life that I had no phone, even though each of the live chat agents said I’d have my old number. Kind of lost faith in their promises. Not happy to say the least. But thank you for your help. It is much appreciated. 

Hi @Sandiey 

Are you still having issues with this?

If so, please let us know so we can get in touch.

Tom