Solved

complaint - zero coverage want to leave

• 17 January 2024
  • 5 replies

When I purchased my sons phone in currys I gave our address and was told we have coverage.

We've let him take his phone to school as hes recently been diagnosed with epilepsy. It transpires he has no coverage outdoors in our srea or at school so he cant contact us or anyone in an emergency 

Apparently if we leave we have to pay over £400 for a service we're not getting.

I can't pay for 2 phones!

Surely I can leave if a service isn't provided, ots not our fault of poor network coverage. Its a safety issues, you'd think in this day and age a phone network could provide coverage. 

Doe's anyone have a complaints email address other than ofcom?

icon

Best answer by Lauren 19 January 2024, 16:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like you purchased your phone contract in-store, not online.
If so, there’s 14-days to return the order at a Currys store, @pisceangirl.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It transpires he has no coverage outdoors in our srea or at school so he cant contact us or anyone in an emergency 

One of the very reasons why you have a 14 day cooling off period.

Unfortunately this has passed, he wasn't using his phone outsude of the house just using the house Internet. Now he's a little older and just been diagnosed with epilepsy we've realised we can't contact him / he can't contact us from school from his phone. Currys did check our postcode and said we had coverage. Paying for a service where we have no service

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Then unfortunately you're stuck with it. 😕

Coverage isn’t guaranteed and that is one of the reasons you have a cooling off period.

FYI - When checking coverage the following disclaimer is located beneath the search results.

* Although we try to make these coverage results as accurate as possible, the information is only a guide. It doesn't guarantee availability in a particular location. The roll out plans are updated regularly and may change over time.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @pisceangirl

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?