Skip to main content

On Friday, I tried to top up my phone £20 using the iD mobile app. However every time I went to make the payment it said "sorry there was an error please try again" so I did as I needed the credit to use my phone. However every time the app said there was an error it had actually processed. Now instead of having £20 credit they took £120 out of my bank. Leaving me with nothing. I immediately got onto the live chat and they said they have logged the error and request for refund and told me to return in 48 hours. So 48 hours, I returned (Sunday) but they had no update and said there would be an update within 12 Hours so 12 hours later I returned (Monday morning) but there was no update again! And this time they said please wait 24 hours for a guaranteed update so yet again I waited 24 hours (Tuesday morning) but when I went to live chat they said no update again! And now I have to wait another 48 hours!! Which will take it to nearly a week. They just don't seem to care whatsoever about their customers. I'm getting no answers at all from anywhere. I haven't been able to purchase food now for 5 days because of this! 

So my question is, is there any way I can escalate this further? Before considering legal ramifications as I am considering going to the small claims court to get my money back.

You could try lodging a complaint with iD Mobile, @JosephK.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

Hi @JosephK,

Welcome to the Community!

I’m very sorry to hear about this and I have sent you a PM.

We’ll be happy to assist you further there.

Kash

I have put a new SIM card in my phone, after I had no network with old SIM. I was given a new SIM from Currys. I have activated the SIM, but still no network.

Hi @Bulldog Kevin,

Sorry to hear about the issues with your SIM.

Have you tested your SIM in a different handset?

Please get in touch with the Live Chat Team if you still have issues.

Kash

Oops something went wrong!!! Having this issue for last few weeks now and can’t top up me credit or extend my bundle. 
Same issue with my daughter account! 
Can someone please assist and sort out this problem? 
Thanks 

Hi @Piotr Zelias,

Is the card you are using registered to your address and in your name?

Kash