Skip to main content

Is anyone having issues topping up? I have tried for 4 days now and keeps saying oops something went wrong! Happens every month!

I am totally unable to top up, either buying a plan or trying to add extra credit. This is a nightmare can anybody help? Tried chrome ingonito and there no longer appears to be an address picker, but my address is definitely correct and matches my cards. What on earth can I do please? 

Hey there @Jdm89 7 @Osymoko, welcome both to Community!

We’re very sorry to hear that you’re having issues with topping up. Have you tried via both the app and website?

Specifically this link:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/login

Thank you,

Tyler

I am totally unable to top up, either buying a plan or trying to add extra credit. This is a nightmare can anybody help? Tried chrome incognito and there no longer appears to be an address picker, but my address is definitely correct and matches my cards. What on earth can I do please? 

Have you tried calling 7777 from your iD SIM card, @Osymoko?  

Thank you for reaching out. After the app maintenance on monday night I was not able to purchase a plan but I was finally able to top up the Payg a along as I used text confirmation and not app confirmation for the credit card . Will try again soon. 

Thank you for reaching out. After the app maintenance on monday night I was not able to purchase a plan but I was finally able to top up the Payg a along as I used text confirmation and not app confirmation for the credit card . Will try again soon. 

Okay @Osymoko, sadly it seems the new iD app is still unreliable and unstable for certain account self-service processes, which used to work well.

Hi @Osymoko,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking how you are getting on with topping up?

If you still are having issues, please let us know and we can PM you to investigate further.

Kash

I'm having this exact problem on my mum's phone. 

The old fix was selecting your address from selector to make sure it was same as debit card (if I remember right) - but now there's no address set for account, I'm constantly getting "oops something went wrong".

OKAY - I found a workaround that worked for me.

I had to change “Worthing Rd” to “Worthing Road” in the billing address selector, and then the “oops something went wrong” stopped happening.

If you get logged out after topping up, just log back in - and the money was finally in. (Only my 15th attempt)

I’d recommend people play around with their billing address and see if the system isn’t expecting something different.

(For the record, during all this, IDMobile app crashed 2 times, I was logged out AFTER successfully topping up, and I haven’t been able to get through to anyone. Things are really, really not looking good)

Hi @Alex Gmark 

Thanks for the tips here.

I would always recommend using the app/website’s address search feature, instead of manually typing it out, this can help with some payment related issues.

Tom

@Tom The “address search feature” is nowhere to be found in the app or the website, as far as I can tell. I believe this was removed with the latest app update, and is the cause of all the problems.

If I’m wrong and it’s still there, let me know. Big, big problem for customers here.

Hi @Alex Gmark,

The address feature does seem to have been removed.

I would advise contacting our Live Chat Team for further assistance.

Kash