Stay Connected on the London Underground.

• 2 May 2023
  • 7 replies
Stay Connected on the London Underground.
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Frequently travel on the London Underground? Well, we’ve got some exciting news! iD Mobile customers can now use or our 4G and 5G network at various stations across the London Underground network, meaning you can now use your phone to browse your social media apps, contact friends or plan the rest of your journey, all while waiting for a train or travelling between connected stations.

Our 4G and 5G network is available at and between the following stations:

• Archway
  • Bermondsey
  • Bond Street (Elizabeth line platforms)
  • Canada Water
  • Canary Wharf
  • Canning Town
  • Farringdon (Elizabeth line platforms)
  • Holland Park
  • Kentish Town
  • Liverpool Street (Elizabeth line platforms)
  • London Bridge
  • North Greenwich
  • Notting Hill Gate
  • Queensway
  • Southwark
  • Tottenham Court Road (Elizabeth line platforms)
  • Tufnell Park
  • Waterloo
  • Westminster

It doesn’t stop there – by the end of 2024, we aim to have all London Underground stations and tunnels  covered by our 4G and 5G network.

FAQs

How do I connect to the iD network when underground? 

As long as you have a 4G or 5G compatible phone on the iD network, and you’re at or between one of the above stations, you’ll automatically connect to the network as if you were still overground.

When will you be adding more stations?

Over the next few months, our network partner, Three, are working on adding a further 15 key stations to the list, with an aim to have the entire London Underground network connected by the end of 2024. We’ll add to the list above as and when new stations are connected.

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Finally!!! 😍😍😍

Userlevel 1

👍 Great news 👍 

God NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Userlevel 2

God NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

? 🙄

Like on British Rail you’ll have the idiots shouting into their phones thinking everyone in the carriage is interested in their boring lives and conversations, restrict it to messages only IMHO! 😣

Userlevel 1

Was using the phone freely on the Jubilee line journey from London Bridge to North Greenwich. Was really handy when got separated from my friends. Looking forward to this rolling out on the Northern Line. 

Userlevel 1

I fear this will lead to many self-important people polluting the environment with their inane and tedious conversations.  But, on balance, I welcome access to the roll out for the convenience.

Why iD Mobile?