4 essential apps for hikes and walks

4 essential apps for hikes and walks

Show first post

79 replies

Userlevel 1

My favourite starts with the end of rugby training with my son on a Sunday morning. A quick tray of cheesy chips, a cold can of something fizzy for the boy. Maybe a cheeky adult beverage for me. A chat between friends and team mates.

Then a slow meander back to our house. Discussions of tackles made, missed, and dodge. Feats of daring skills, and moments of glory just missed. A short rest about halfway for the last to gently stroke the concrete dog on a wall!

Over the railway bridge, past the emergency services hubs. Taking time to look at all the fire vehicles lined ready for action just as my son and his team mates were earlier. Him wondering if there will be any new ones this week.

A quick hello to those changing shifts as we pass by the hub.

Gently pootling back home to a cleansing shower and a hug from mum.

My favourite walk isn't a glamorous spot of natural beauty. It's a tradition for me and my son. Just a slow walk, chatting, spending time together

My favourite places for walks/hikes are coastal areas or mountainous regions. Both can provide splendid views which makes them 10x better

Userlevel 1

My top walking destination would be by the seaside, however the beach is too far away from where i am, so my local favourite is Allt-yr-yn nature reserve as it has a variety to look at and walk through. Dirt trails, fields, woods, bridges, over a lake, a concrete walkway with a hole in the wall for animals to jump through. It is a lovely bit to walk with your dog. 

Userlevel 1

After a considerable amount of thought, I finally dismissed the West Pennine Moors, the Pembrokeshire coast and various lovely spots in Devon to choose the Isle of Wight as my favourite place for a walk. Not strenuous but with the spectacular coastline never too far away. That said, my final choice is a gentle stroll through the flatlands of the Newtown estuary - the island’s only National Nature Reserve. In summer the butterfly population is impressive.

Newtown National Nature Reserve, Isle of Wight

My favourite place to walk is around a local area called joey the swan there’s woodlands fields cow fields that go on for mile! It’s so peaceful and there’s always of people walking their dogs (never a bad thing!) 

Userlevel 1

I don't hike . But I do ride ,as often as possible anywhere and everywhere!! Got to love the peaks 

Userlevel 1

My favourite walk - is to the pub. Nearby and something special at the end!

Userlevel 2

My Favourite place to walk is Three Cliffs Bay,Swansea.  It is a beautiful place to visit with amazing views.

Userlevel 1

My favourite walk is Rocky Valley mid way between Boscastle and Tintagel Its steeped in history and mysticism 

My favourite place to walk is along my local river. I try to walk most days and love watching the wildlife and seeing the seasons change. Really essential for wellbeing!

Userlevel 1

My favourite places are two local parks. Alvaston and Markeaton. I like the lake side and river. Calming experience 

Userlevel 1

I enjoy walking in the Pentland Hills near Edinburgh. We have beautiful sunsets here.

Userlevel 2

We love to wander around our local woods in Badby with our two puppies, especially when they are filled with blue forget me knots, beautiful :-)

Userlevel 1

My favourite place to walk is the Lake District.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Riverside park, Southampton

My favourite place for a walk is to the beach where I live in Whitstable 

My favourite walk is known as the "Settle Loop".  About 10 miles of the Pennines, starting and finishing in the lovely market town of Settle. Potholes and caves to see on the way and a pub or cafe at the end.  What could be better. 

Userlevel 1

LANTERN PIKE in High Peak. I do this walk about once a fortnight and never tire of it!  It's a steep climb with a view to die for no matter what the weather. 

Userlevel 1

My favourite place to hike is the Peak District. We collect memory stones on our hikes as reminders of where we have been. Best memory so far is climbing Mam Tor in the dark with head torches on on New Years Eve to watch all the fireworks around the area as midnight struck last year memories for a lifetime. 

Userlevel 1

My favourite place to walk is Bridgewater Way, beside my local canal. I get out there every day that I can.

I love walking in the Lake District! Although last time I got caught in torrential rain so I'll have to check the weather more carefully in the future!

A walk along my local river-bank is always best!

Userlevel 1

I’m a life long freshwater fisherman, in search of large wily Perch. I love using Google Maps to look for new areas to explore, especially off the beaten path to places that are undisturbed, which makes them exciting. Would be fishing blind without Google Maps! 👍

Userlevel 2

I love 🚶🏾walking through the Peak District 🏔️ every so often. Being in Leicestershire, we have so much beauty around the area. And as I am getting older, walking 🚶🏾 is so important, that so much I ‘try’ and do 7,000 steps a day and watch out for the cow 💩 too. 🤣

#fitbit ⌚️

Userlevel 2

I love walking along a beach. The feeling of sand beneath your feet and water on your legs. Especially if there’s a chance to see some wildlife in the water as you go.

Why iD Mobile?