blog

Best Halloween apps for a frightfully good time

• 31 October 2018
  • 2 replies
Best Halloween apps for a frightfully good time
Userlevel 8
Badge
Got your pumpkin ready? Halloween is here, which means there’s no better time to head to the nearest costume shop, daub yourself with fake blood and put on a scary movie. If that’s not your thing then fear not, because you can have just as much spookily good fun with your phone. Just check out these ghoul – ahem, cool – Halloween-themed apps to sink your fake fangs into.

The Simpsons: Tapped out (free on iOS and Android)

One of our favourite mobile games has been given the scare treatment with a new Treehouse of Horror story. An evil sorcerer has taken over the town of Springfield using dark magic. Now it’s overrun with hordes of beasties. Naturally, only you can stop them.

Want more? Then check out the other games joining in the Halloween fun, like Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff and Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow to see what other scary goings-on are occurring.

Into the Dead 2 (free on iOS and Android)

Halloween just isn’t Halloween without zombies, right? Into the Dead 2 has hordes of the brain-munchers to contend with in this terrifying sequel to a brilliant game. It’s basically more of what made the first one so much fun. Armed with an arsenal of weapons, you must make your way through a zombie apocalypse to save your family. It’s addictive stuff, and certainly not for the squeamish.

Creepy Tales (free on Android)

Do you like scary stories? Then gather around a campfire and regale your Halloween party guests with these tales of horror. The Creepy Tales Android app has a scare-riffic collection of spine-tingling urban legends that will shock and terrify even the most Halloween-hardened human. The story categories give you an idea of what to expect – choose from the likes of ‘Instructions to Evil’, ‘Secrets of our Minds’ and ‘Ghost and Demons’. Your guests will be hanging on your every word.

Stranger Things

It’s that time of the year when eerie happenings are afoot. Some would say Stranger Things. If you haven’t seen any of The Stranger Things episodes, there’s no better time to sit indoors (after all it’s freezing outside) and binge watch it all using your Netflix app. And when you’re done, just kick back with Stranger Things: The Game on iOS or Android. You won’t regret it – it’s utterly amazing.

Know any other fun Halloween-flavoured games or apps? Then let us know in the comments below. Happy Halloween, phonesters.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
A huge pumpkin and 'deluxe' carving kit, Halloween (the original, of course!) on TV, and a HUUUGE bucket of sweeties ready for the trick or treaters tonight... Halloween has got to be my absolute fave holiday of the year!

Rebecca
Userlevel 4
Not enough trick or treaters came around last night and I have sweeties left in my bucket, so I have to eat them myself now... yes? who is with me, I mean I HAVE TO (don't I?)
Rebecca (sweet tooth)

Why iD Mobile?