Skip to main content

Changes to our ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.

• 21 May 2024
  • 9 replies
Changes to our ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.

Great news! We’ve improved our ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. It’s now on an all-new webpage, and most importantly the rewards are even better - we’re dishing out cashback instead of gift cards – kerching! Here’s all you need to know about our ‘Refer a Friend’ revamp.

Have you referred a friend before 23rd April 2024?

If you referred a friend before 23rd April 2024, you might still be waiting for your reward as they can take up to 90 days to process. 

If you’d like to check the status of an outstanding reward, simply visit the old Refer a Friend webpage, and log in for more information.

Our all-new webpage 

Our new Refer a Friend webpage is now up and running, so feel free to check it out. We’ve made the dashboard much more intuitive and user-friendly, and it’s now really quick and easy to manage your rewards. You can see an overview of your referrals, their status, and the rewards you’ve earned all on one page.

How the Refer a Friend scheme works

Referring a friend and getting rewarded is as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Get your link. Click the ‘get your referral’ link near the top of the Refer a Friend webpage, fill out your details, and you’ll be sent a unique referral code that you can share with your mates.

2. Ask your friends to join iD Mobile. Get your friend to open the referral link and sign up to our Refer a Friend scheme using their email. They can then purchase a SIM only plan or 24-month pay monthly phone plan on idmobile.co.uk. 
For the link to work properly, they’ll need to use the same browser and device they initially used to sign up for the Refer a Friend scheme, without clearing any cookies. You should also read the important note below before you share the link!

3. Get rewarded. You’ll collect rewards for every successful referral you make. Your reward will be confirmed as soon as it meets the conditions of a successful referral, and your friend or family member has fully paid two bills. This can take up to 120 days.

Important note: to qualify for the Refer a Friend cashback, your referred friend needs to make a purchase on idmobile.co.uk using your referral link. You won’t qualify for cashback if your friend makes their purchase through affiliate partners (such as comparison, cashback or voucher sites), Carphone Warehouse, Currys, Mobiles.co.uk or e2save.co.uk. 

If you’ve got a friend who might be interested in joining iD Mobile, don’t hang about. Head to our Refer a Friend webpage and grab a referral link for them. As you can see for yourself, it’s worth it!

9 replies

My daughter never got her refer a friend Currys voucher for referring me. Never been able to get any assistance to get her it either 

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Louise Goldsmith,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking that you followed all the terms and conditions?

It can take 90 days for you to receive the funds once you receive the congratulations email. Did you receive this?

Kash

My daughter referred me back last year and had the email saying she had referred but never got the voucher afterwards. I had mine at the outer limit of the 90days but had mine before Xmas still and she has never got hers

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Louise Goldsmith 

Please could you let us know the date you received the email with the following subject;

“Congratulations NAME, your reward is coming!”

To confirm, did you get your voucher, but the person who referred you did not?

Tom

Hi @Tom please can you help us? We’re in the same position. Referred my son. Did everything we should. Have both got emails saying we should redeem our awards but never received them. I got the ‘congrats’ email on the 15/05 thanks 

Yes I got my voucher but my daughter who referred me didn't. I can't find the emails as so long ago but I got my voucher in November last year which was at the end of the 90days in fact I believe a bit over. I joined back in June 2024

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Louise Goldsmith,

We’ll need your daughter to contact us so that we can check it out with her.

Kash

How does she do that?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Louise Goldsmith 

They’ll be able to get in touch here on community as you have or for a quicker service, we’d recommend using the Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.

Tom