iOS 14 and Android 11 - Here's Everything You Need To Know

• 23 September 2020
  • 81 replies
iOS 14 and Android 11 - Here's Everything You Need To Know

Show first post

81 replies

I'm a fan of Android, mainly because that is all I have used, so can't compare.

I have never had any issues and I'm extremely happy with the service android Provides

I have never used a iPhone. I've owned many Nokia mobiles. Then I progressed to a Wiley Fox Swift 2 Plus. Which I found easier to use but unfortunately I got it wet whilst taking part in the Northumberland Coastal Run in 2018. I had to have a new screen. I was out running in a park in Dublin a deer suddenly appeared out of nowhere and I dropped my mobile. Cracked the new screen. Husband decided I needed a new mobile. I chose a Samsung Galaxy S8. On recommendation of my Son as he has one. With a Otterbox case I haven't cracked the screen yet. The camera on this mobile is brilliant. Easy to take selfies of my running, swimming and biking mates by just shouting "smile" or "cheese". I was considering buying a waterproof case so I could take photos when open water swimming but knowing me I'd drop it in a river never to see it again.

I am part of a family Google Play account. Which is so easy to stream and download music. Then I can bluetooth it through my car entertainment system along with texts and calls. Easy peasy. Even for a 61 year old Doris like me.

I prefer apple but that’s just because I’ve always had them so know how they work 

Userlevel 3

I prefer Apple because of it’s minimalistic design and the recent IOS 14 update and its simplicity of use. 

Userlevel 1

Android for phone, apple for the tablet - simples 

Ipad & iPhone for me everything the same in both making it so easy to use 

I use Apple, currently have the new IPhone SE and I love it, it’s super functional and great cost wise! Plus ID mobile did a great deal on the contract, was super competitive! As for using iOS I just love the ease and simplicity of the apple operating system! 

Userlevel 1

I like Apple best so I can FaceTime my best friends who don’t go to my school and due to corona virus I can’t see them so FaceTime is the only way we can talk!

Hello,

I am definitely in camp Android. I was a huge fan of Sony phones until I got a Huawei p20 pro a couple of years ago. I use the Google apps a lot so I probably won't get another Huawei (loss of Google being the only reason, the phone has been great). Whether it will be a One Plus, Oppo or Google I don't yet know. Switching to an ID mobile 30 day SIM once out of contract gives me plenty of time to decide without being suckered in to an unnecessary upgrade.  In love for my children's phones link to their Chromebooks and using Google docs they can access their homework wherever they are. 

I haven't understood iOS and the late adoption of swipe texting put me off even considering it for years. 

I think most people stick to what they know. And in know and love Android. 

Always had android, hubby did get iPhone for short time i found that android was far easier to use and had more features and apps that appealed to me

Userlevel 1

I’ve always gone Android, I like to have a bit variety when I change my phone. I also don’t like the cost of Apple products in general, my Google phone I’ve got now suits me brilliantly and I may be forced to keep the same brand and not change (for a change).

With android you can simply drag and drop and interact directly with windows devices. On IOS a lot of stuff is done behind the scenes and you have no control while it is doing its stuff and locking you out.

only phone i have had android simple for me just what i want it will always be the phone me top marks

Userlevel 1

Always Android for me. I’m a low/mid price phone user, sort of £20pm contract price range. Apple seem to do just about everything really well but they have prices to match. For the money I’m VERY happy with the big screen and performance of my Samsung A71.

Android, not so keen on Samsung but I’ve had good experiences with Xperia and Motorola handsets. Overall I find Android devices are much more user friendly, much sturdier, and much better value for money.

I prefer iOS as it syncs very well with my other apple devices

Userlevel 1

I’ve used Apple things before, but I definitely prefer Android so I’m not trapped to 1 phone brand!

Have always used Android,love the customisation. I do own an iPad but find android easier to use.

Userlevel 1

Always android.I can’t find a reason to pay extra money for services that you can find most of the times in android devices

Userlevel 2

Android lets me be me. I don’t want to be fenced in by Apple.

I’m an Android man, certainly when I first took the plunge to get a smartphone, iPhone’s were prohibitively expensive. Now I’m very conversant with the Android system and still like that you are not tied to one manufacturer when purchasing a phone.

Userlevel 2

Android.  I want to use my phone as I want, not how Apple decide whilst trapping in their “walled garden”.  I’m incredulous that people pay a premium to be told what they can do by Apple, it’s like paying to go to prison.

I am 15 and have mostly always kept to android and never switched to iPhone, my first phone was a £70 LG K4 and I have gradually worked my way up (From an LG to an Umidigi A3 to a Xiaomi Redmi note 6 pro) to a Samsung Galaxy S10 and the power you have in your hand is just simply incredible, this is my first time using a Samsung and I don’t think I will ever switch from a Samsung flagship probably. They just seem to nail it every year. I am of course open to all brands as I have owned nearly almost every single smartphone brand there is. (Nokia, Sony, Alcatel, Honor, even iPhone) Android phones are so much better in terms of value for money. iPhone doesn’t help themselves by making it almost impossible to switch to android or vise versa. However, the one and the only downside I have is that iPhone apps are optimized better, as developers for Instagram for example, did you know, that 1000+ smartphones running android were released in 2019, this is why it is so difficult for developers to optimize phones, especially for all these different models. When it comes to iPhones, they have a lot more of a minimalist selection. This is really my only negative of an android but it’s not always a big issue. Always depends what you use your phone for (I have to say iPhone emojis are much better too lol)

Actually it's a tricky questions as I got both Android and iOS phone. They are both good in use or depending on user requirements. Android phone are open, you can play with it add your marks but iOS phone it's closed so use what is given to you. Both got advantage and disadvantage. In honest comments both are best in their fields. Oh I forgot to say I got a Windows phone. But I can say both Android & iOS phone are better than Windows phone. My phones are Xaomi Note 4, iPhone 7 plus and Microsoft Lumia 650

Userlevel 3
Badge

Why pay over the odds for Apple brand name

Why iD Mobile?