The iD Mobile Black Friday Event 2022

The iD Mobile Black Friday Event 2022

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

106 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m looking into jumping on the air fryer bandwagon so hoping that Black Friday will be an opportunity to find a good quality one at a good price. Also been interested in a sound bar for the TV for a while so will look for good deals on these too

Userlevel 1

Possibly a new 4k 65” TV, and Speakers for sound surround system with AVR

Userlevel 1

A smart tv 

Userlevel 1

A magic money tree - a small one will do...haha I was told as a kid that a bush in our garden was a money tree .. I never found much money though ! 

Userlevel 1

I'd love to get a oled tv and the new Google pixel phone

Userlevel 1

I would like to buy a new laptop for my wife.

Userlevel 3

I’d love to be able to obtain a reliable Freeview/smart PVR for recording ad-based programmes to enable the ads to be skipped and for recording non-terrestrial programmes that are not available on catch-up.

There don’t seem to be any reasonably priced PVRs on the market and all those that are available are extremely unreliable - they either crash, don’t record or arbitrarily erase recordings.

Userlevel 1

I would like to get my husband a mobility scooter which he would be comfortable to use.

Userlevel 1

I would like a new Tablet with 8gb memory and decent storage. I currently have to delete an existing app when I want to use a new one. Too many manufacturers apps that can’t be deleted. I pay for the device so I should choose the apps.

Userlevel 1

New style energy efficient washer dryer would be great.  Been over a decade since my last second hand machine. 

Would like to get my wife a new phone.

A Arlo door bell and a set of arlo security cameras to add to my home assistant automation system.

Userlevel 1

Wireless earbuds

Userlevel 1

a shiny new iPad would be nice

Userlevel 2

I'd like to buy a new tablet, my current iPad Mini is ancient and extremely slow - not sure if it's reflecting me or I'm reflecting it 😄. I'm also on the market for a new Tumble Drier, not that I'd be able to use it with electricity prices being so high 😕

I would like a new fridge with a small freezer box 

Userlevel 1

An apple An Orange A Lump of Coal and a Shiny New Penny 😂👍

Userlevel 1

I would like a smart central heating thermostatic programmer, preferably Worcester Bosch to match my boiler.

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

A Arlo door bell and a set of arlo security cameras to add to my home assistant automation system.

Hey @Smart Panda

I hadn’t heard of Arlo before reading this post! I was actually waiting for Ring devices to go down in price for Black Friday - I want to get a doorbell and home security system, but i’ll do some research on Arlo 😊

A new house for a smart thermostat would be nice 🤣

I’d love to get a full every room Tado setup for my amazing parents now in their 70s. Somehow, godknows how they are managing to use 38,000kWh of gas alone each year heating their 2 up, 2 down 1950s semi in Slough. That’s 3-4x what the average household uses at 12k kWh. Yes their usage is 400% of expected. (So £4000 on Gas with standing charge and £2600 elecy for two pensioners!) One room is tropical at 27C but the rest ain’t. God only knows where it’s all going, maybe Tado does?!

I’m after a smart thermostat which integrates with Home Assistant - hopefully keep the bills as low as possible using automations.

Also a nice pair of bone conduction headphones.

Userlevel 1

I decided not to buy any tech on black Friday this year, and have instead bought £80 worth of food I'm donating to our local food bank.   Kind of embarrassing to be buying tech we don't need when people are starving 

I would like to get an ipadOS, so I don’t have to read the newspaper on my phone any longer

It may sound trite, but I simply want Russian and Ukraine to agree to disagree and become peaceful. 

(a new phone would not come amiss neither!) 😁

Why iD Mobile?