Solved

Sizeable Charges within Coolling Off Period?

Hi. I’m trying to cancel my Sim Only contract (ordered online) well within the 30 day cooling off period. I’ve tried to do this a couple of times via Live Chat but getting quoted a sizeable cost for doing this. It doesn’t seem to make sense. I haven’t actually received the SIM yet (ordered 3 days ago) so I know it has not been used. No idea how to escalate this to get this resolved so was hoping someone could advise/help.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 8 April 2024, 17:26

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Kelly123456, are you asking to create a return for your iD order (in the cooling off period), or just asking to cancel your iD contract order? 

Perhaps there’s been a mixup during live chat, @Kelly123456

There would be a pro-rata charge for your iD network connection, from the date your order was dispatched and the date you’re disconnected from the iD network though.

Thanks for the response @andewhite.

I explained on the live chat that I’ve changed my mind after placing my order for a SIM Only deal on Fri (5th) and that I no longer want to join ID. Not sure whether that is a cancellation or a return - I was hoping live chat would know which it is and then how to process. I was expecting to be told of a negligible charge for a few days of network connection but the number I was quoted was, by my calculations, the cost of the contract for the full 12 months. Clearly that’s not right but Live chat kept telling me that was what I would be charged.

I need to speak to someone at ID who knows what they are talking about but don’t know how to do that.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Kelly123456 - it sounds like the adviser wasn’t properly trained. 

You need to return your iD order, during the cooling off period.
Seems like the adviser wanted to process a contract cancellation, which is something very different. 

This forum article might help.

Thanks @andewhite.

I’m hoping that someone from ID who frequents these forums will be able to help me do that to save me having to speak with live chat again. Anyone, please?

I have no confidence that my return will be processed correctly through live chat.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @andewhite.

I’m hoping that someone from ID who frequents these forums will be able to help me do that to save me having to speak with live chat again. Anyone, please?

I have no confidence that my return will be processed correctly through live chat.

The “How do I cancel or return my order?” forum article also says you can return your order to any Currys store, within the first 14-days of your cooling off period, @Kelly123456.  

Thanks @andewhite. That article also says you don’t need to return SIM cards at all.

I just need someone to process the return who knows what they are doing. Hopefully, one of the ID employees on here can do that for me when they pick up on this post.

@Tom Would you be able to help out with the above?

Please could one of the ID mobile team respond?

@Tom didn’t get a chance to respond. @Tyler can you help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kelly123456,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?