Question

WHEN IS MY NUMBER SWITCHING?!!!!!!!

• 11 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I provided my PAC number almost a week ago when I signed up to iD. I was sent am email confirming my switch date of 11/04/2024. It's now after 11pm and my account still has the number given by iD. This is turning out to be the worst experience. My contract with my previous previous provider has been cancelled, I cannot use my old number as it has not switched yet and I DON'T WANT THE NEW iD number. I've been with my old number for over 15 years and I've switched providers over those years with no trouble at all. My contract with iD has started yet I can't use any of their services because my number has not switched. I've been unable to talk to any human. It looks like this is a common thing. This is for any iD humans out there when is my number switching?!!!!!!! I need to cancel if this doesn't happen very soon. I don't want to change my number to the iD number.

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Seems you’ve answered your own question, @vicmuts.

Your number will switch on 11-April-2024, between 8am and 10pm, because UK mobile number transfers don’t happen immediately.

There might be several hours or more between your old provider’s SIM card becoming inactive, and the point-in-time the number you’re keeping, works properly with your iD SIM card.

This forum article should help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @vicmuts 

As suggested above, it appears you’ve answered your own question to a degree, ports happen between 8am and 10pm on the date given/selected.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?