F.A.Q.

What are iD Mobile's network settings?

• 11 August 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Trying to work out how to get your phone settings how you’d like them on your new handset? We’ve got the answers here at iD Mobile.  

How do I get my phone settings set up?

All phones bought from us should arrive with the right settings already configured. But if you’ve moved over to iD Mobile on a SIM only plan and kept your old phone, you may need to review the settings to get things like the internet and picture messaging to work. 

The quickest and easiest way to get your settings how you would like them is to use our special settings checker. All you need to do is enter your details and select which phone you’re using. 

If you have any difficulties with the automatic tool, or if you’re a technical whizz, you can use the information below to manually set up your phone. 

Name iD
APN id
Username <leave blank>
Password <leave blank>
MMSC http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc 
MMS Proxy mms.idmobile.co.uk 
MMS APN Username <leave blank>
MMS APN Password <leave blank>
MMS Port  8799

 *Anything with <leave blank> should be left blank, with no information. 

How do I manually update my phone settings?

Once you’ve followed the steps mentioned above, you can find out how to manually update the settings on up iPhones and Android handsets below.  

Android APN settings for iD Mobile

Some carriers require you to enter your Access Point Name (APN) settings to set up your device. Here's how to manually add the APN settings on an Android phone: 

1. Open Settings from the home screen 

1. Tap Wireless and networks or More (this’ll depend on your Android version) 

1. Tap Mobile networks, then Access point names 

1. Tap the Menu button (this could be the lower left soft key, 3 dots in the top right corner, or the word more

1. Tap New APN 

1. Type the following: 
    Name - iD 
    APN - iD 
    MMSC - http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc 
    MMS Proxy - mms.idmobile.co.uk 
    MMS Port - 8799 
    APN Type – You’ll need to choose from a list or type something in. If you’re given the list, choose internet+mms. If you’re asked to type something, type in a * 

1. Tap Menu, then Save 

1. Pick the name we just created in step 6 

1. Next to your signal bars, you’ll now see 4G, 3G, H, E or G. This shows you’re now connected 

iPhone APN settings for iD Mobile

If your iPhone isn’t downloading the iD Mobile network settings automatically, here's how to add them manually: 

1. Tap Settings, then Mobile/Cellular Data 

1. Tap Mobile/Cellular Data Options 

1. Tap Mobile/Cellular Data Network 

1. Type this in: 
    Mobile or Cellular Data settings 
         APN - id 
    MMS settings 
         APN - id MMSC - http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc 
         MMS Proxy - mms.idmobile.co.uk:8799 
         MMS Max Message Size - 307200 

1. Press the left arrow at the top of the screen 3 times 

1. Press the Home button 

1. To make sure these settings have worked, look next to your signal bars. 4G, 3G, E or GPRS shows you’re now connected 

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?