Skip to main content
Solved

7 day old new customer and already getting 'Outstanding Payment' notifications

• 27 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Thought I would come here for help seeing as customer support is non existent and the live chat AI is terrible.

I bought my Pixel 7a last week (20th June) from Carphone Warehouse on a 24 month iDmobile contract. l paid an upfront cost of £59 and it said I pay £14.99 each month thereafter. I set up my direct debit, pay what they ask and await my phone. Everything seems normal.

Today I get an email saying my direct debit had been cancelled and that I need to set it up again through the app (it hasn't because they never put one through according to Lloyds Bank). I log onto the app, go to billing and see a big red banner saying I have an outstanding £14.99 payment a week into my contract. Below it it says my first months bill is due 3rd August (date I selected for direct debits). I paid the £14.99 as the email basically threatened my credit rating and I can't set up the direct debit it asked me to because it's telling me I owe money.

A few minutes later I go back on the app to see it still says my due date for my current bill is 3rd August and in the previous paid bills section, the PDF of the bill I just paid says it's going to take it out again on the 5th July. 

Which is it? I have already paid some a week ago, then £14.99 just now. Then the app is telling me another payment is coming out on the 5th July for the same period and again in August for the same period.

If iD are going to want to charge me 3 or 4 times for the same month, I'm gone and iD can deal with Ofcom.

Does anyone have any insight on what is actually going on here?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there @HeyDes, welcome to Community!

Firstly, our live-chat isn’t just a bot, this is just at the start of a conversation to gauge what your issue is before passing you to an agent. To get through to an agent, please follow these steps:

1) Type "Hi"

2) Type your issue in brief

3) Type "Speak to an agent"

4) Click on "Customer Service" from the options provided

5) Type your full name

6) Type your mobile number

Due to the issues raised and to try resolve this ASAP, my best advice would be to go back to our live-chat to have them look into your bills and advise reasoning behind this:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thanks,

Tyler