It’s a great feeling to know you’ve got a holiday coming up, and there’s even apps dedicated to just counting down to your big trip! So, if you’re lucky enough to be ticking off the days to your upcoming getaway, you might want to check if you’re due an upgrade on your phone before you go. There have been some amazing phone releases this year, especially when it comes to cameras, from astonishing zoom capabilities to crystal-clear 4K video.
So, whether you want to take some beautiful shots of the local architecture, or you want to capture every thrilling second on your kayaking adventure, we’ve got a phone for you. These are three of our favourite ones that’ll make the ideal travel buddy, just in slightly different ways.
Google Pixel 3 – the perfect all-rounderLet’s just start off with the fact that this is a great looking phone. The rounded-edge screen and two-tone back make it beautiful to look at, but then there’s some serious software which makes this device such a good all-rounder.
The camera tech is particularly outstanding. Here’s what it’s got:
· Top Shot – this handy feature uses Google AI to take multiple shots when you press the button, and then recommends the best one.
· Group Selfie Cam – dump the clumsy selfie stick. The Pixel 3 has dual front facing cameras for wide-angle shots that everyone will fit into.
· Portrait Mode – have you ever wondered how to get that background blur effect to make your photos look like they were taken by a pro? Just tap Portrait Mode on the Pixel 3 and it will do the rest.
· Night Sight – using clever AI to digitally alter images taken in low-light, the Pixel 3 produces pictures that appear clearer, brighter and just as beautiful as daytime shots. Especially perfect for those rural overnight trips away.
Worried about filling up your phone with all those holiday snaps you’ll be taking? With the Pixel 3, you don’t have to. Because it’s a Google phone, you get free, unlimited storage for all your photos on Google Drive – so you can snap away to your heart’s content!
And, it’s got Google Assistant built in too, so all you need to do for some help is give the phone a squeeze and your assistant will open. Get help with almost anything from currency conversions, directions, and even translating local phrases in real-time.
Huawei P30 – for the photographerThe Huawei P30 and its bigger brother the P30 Pro are equipped with, arguably, the best camera on a phone that’s currently available.
When you want to capture stunning videos and photos with your phone, you really won’t get much better than the P30 Pro. The image stabilisation when filming at full zoom is incredible too. And then there’s the zoom itself. The P30 has a very clever periscope system that allows it to offer 5x optical zoom. That’s something you don’t see every day!
On top of all these great camera features, you also get reverse charging. So, if you’re out and about and your group is running low on power, they just rest their phone on yours to get a boost. And, with the massive battery on the P30 Pro, you should have plenty to spare.
What you get with the P30 Pro:
· 5x Optical Zoom – you can take incredible wildlife and architecture shots, thanks to the ingenious periscope system.
· 10x Lossless Zoom – because why settle for 5x when you can have 10x?
· Wireless Reverse Charging – top up your mates phone by simply placing your phone on theirs.
· Optical Image Stabilisation – gives you super smooth video even at full zoom, thanks to the all-powerful Optical Image Stabilisation software.
Samsung Galaxy S10 – perfect for the sun worshipperThe Samsung Galaxy S10 boasts the brightest screen capabilities on any smartphone display so far, making it perfect for using in bright sunlight without tilting this way and that for the best angle. So, whether you’re getting stuck into that holiday book you downloaded by the pool, or sneakily catching up on your favourite show on the beach, you won’t need to squint to see the screen.
That screen isn’t just bright either. With an incredible 550ppi pixel density, whatever you watch will be crystal clear, even 4K content. Perfect for keeping you entertained on those long-haul flights too.
The camera’s got some power too, with a triple lens main camera. It’s got a wide-angle lens for regular shots, telephoto lens for those detailed close-ups and an ultra-wide lens for capturing those stunning scenery shots.
What’s packed into the Galaxy S10:
· Brightest phone display ever –you’ll see every detail, even in direct sunlight.
· Super Hi-Res screen – 550ppi resolution provides super-sharp results.
· Triple lens camera – capture any subject in any scene beautifully, with a dedicated lens for each scenario.
Got something else in mind? Check out our full range of phones to upgrade your holiday memories.