Question

My bill is still wrong

As my phone contract approached the end, I wanted to switch to a SIM only deal. I couldn’t do that because the app relaunch happened and neither the app or the website were available to let me select the right plan. I then spent a few hours on chat support and on the phone trying to get this resolved. My bill is still wrong and for the last 2 months, you’ve charged me ~£23 per month more than you should. Please issue me with a refund for the incorrect billing and ideally also and recompense for the hours spent trying to get this addressed.

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, I don’t think the amount paid each month gets reduced at the end of the minimum term of an iD contract, @jabley

Unless you’ve successfully changed or upgraded to a SIM only plan, when your minimum-term finished, monthly payments don’t change.

🍀

I have changed to a SIM only plan though. I signed a new legal agreement and have a new contract. The bill remains wrong.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have changed to a SIM only plan though. I signed a new legal agreement and have a new contract. The bill remains wrong.

It sounds like you might’ve purchased a second connection to the iD Mobile network, @jabley.

Perhaps you’re paying for two iD contracts now - was your original iD plan ~£23/month?

No, my original bill was £48/month. When I look in my account, I can only see one plan, so I don’t believe I have 2 connections.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @jabley, perhaps you can see two direct debit payments each month to iD from your bank? 

Curious to know how you upgraded from a 24-month minimum-term handset plan, to a SIM only plan?

I contacted them and asked to move plan now that my minimum term was complete.

Just spent an hour on chat with a support agent and it’s still not resolved. Very poor customer experience.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @jabley, perhaps it’s time to make an official complaint. 

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jabley,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing.

If you are still having issues, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

@Kash Yes, still having problems. I just had my new bill issued and it’s for the old contract amount despite my account only listing one connection for £8/month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@jabley,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?