What is the difference between a Pay Monthly Phone, SIM, or a Pay As You Go plan?

• 22 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Contents:

Pay Monthly Phone

A Pay Monthly phone deal is where you pay a monthly fee to a mobile network (iD Mobile in this case) for your network serviceĀ and a phone. Pay Monthly Phones are often available on 24-month contracts - but can be as long as 36 months.

As part of the monthly fee, you get a monthlyĀ renewing package of tariff allowances (minutes, texts and data) to use every month and you'll also receive a phone.

Depending on the Pay Monthly contract you choose there may be an upfront cost to help cover the cost of the phone - but this usually means that you'll pay less each month.

Youā€™ll be billed each month. Anything you use which doesn't fall within your pay monthly allowance will be added to your next bill.

Pay Monthly SIM

If you already own a phone you're happy with; a SIM Only plan is a wise choice. Not only can you carry on using the device you love, you can look forward to paying less every single month too. As you'll no longer need to factor in the cost of a new handset, your monthly plan will simply include a bundle of minutes, texts and data that suit you.

A SIM Only contract is popular thanks to its flexibility too. At iD Mobile, you will find our best SIM Only deals operate as 30-day, 12-month and 24-month contracts.

A 30-day SIM Only deal means you can change or end your plan easily after the first 30-days by giving us notice. This contract length is ideal if you find your data usage fluctuates month to month, or if you're not ready to sign up to a new 12-month contract or 24-month contract straight away.

On top of all of this, our plans include a number of network perks that our Pay Monthly Contract and Pay As You Go customers enjoy like free Inclusive Roaming and Data Rollover.

Pay As You Go

Pay As You Go SIM deals are perfect if you're not in the market for a new phone and want to be free from monthly payments. With a Pay As You Go SIM only deal, you just need to insert your new SIM card into your current device, top up and go.

There's no minimum term, monthly bills or contracts involved when you choose an iD Pay As You Go SIM. Cheaper than standard mobile contracts where you also pay for a new handset, it's the ideal option if you're happy with your current smartphone and want a flexible way to make calls, send texts and update social media.

Credit checks are not required with Pay As You Go SIM cards either, and with iD Mobile you're free to top up as little or as much as you want, whenever you want.

All iD Mobile Pay As You Go customers enjoy speedy 5G as standard, and can choose to add credit to their SIM directly or buy a bundle. Bundles are perfect if you tend to use the same amount of data, texts and minutes every month and can become reoccurring if you wish - removing the hassle of topping up every month.

If you decide to add credit to your Pay As You Go SIM, you can use it as you please or even buy a bundle at a later date.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

I think I've ordered too many items could you let me know

Userlevel 1

If I've ordered too many items can I change the oreder

Userlevel 1

If I've ordered too many items can I change the oreder

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Andrew Lochrie,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately an order cannot be amended once it has been placed.

However our Sales Team may be able to help.

Has your order been dispatched?Ā 

Ā 

Kash

Why iD Mobile?