5G Roaming

Userlevel 8
Badge

We’re thrilled to announce that iD Mobile customers can now take advantage of 5G network coverage when roaming. This means that you can now enjoy lightning-fast internet speeds and improved connectivity in select countries outside of the UK. And If you’re in one of our Inclusive Roaming destinations, you can roam like you’re at home, taking advantage of the data allowance that comes with your plan (subject to your allowance, our fair usage & open data policies).

5G connectivity comes free on all iD Mobile plans, and as long as you have a 5G-compatible phone, you can now experience 5G when in the UK and in select countries abroad. You can view our list of 5G compatible phones here.

Below is a list of countries where our customers can connect to 5G Networks:

Inclusive Roaming Destinations

Country
Austria
Belgium
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy (Includes San Marino) 
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Romania
Slovakia
Spain
Sweden
Ukraine

None Inclusive Roaming Destinations

Australia
China
Egypt
Hong Kong
India
Israel
Kuwait
Malaysia
Nigeria
Oman
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
South Africa
South Korea
Switzerland
United States

We’re working alongside our network partners, Three, to increase the list of destinations, so watch this space!

43 replies

Hi, 

What is with the Hungary 🇭🇺?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Olga Surface,

Hungary on the Telenor network is 4G currently. 

T-Mobile is 3G only.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Is ID considering bolt ons for USA roaming? Would be very convenient and there wouldn't be the need for a travel SIM anymore 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @IDmanleeds,

Welcome to the Community!

It isn’t something that we are looking into at the moment.

It may be something that we offer in the future.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@Kash @Mohammed Just to be sure, is this list up-to-date?

We’ll spend some time in Portugal soon and I’d like to have an idea of what to expect. The roaming partners seem to be MEO and NOS. Can you tell me if there’s 4G/5G? If it’s 3G only, I’ll have to find an alternative.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @dkp,

Welcome to the Community!

You can view all the roaming countries at the link HERE but the list hasn’t changed.

The network partners that you mentioned are correct but unfortunately we wouldn’t be able to advise if you would get 3G,4G or 5G.

Kash

Hi there. I am currently in Berlin Germany and can't get 5g. Only ever 4g.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mlevans04 

Coverage may vary in any location, including while roaming, it’s possible 4G is all that’s available and not 5G, sorry.

Tom

No I'm using o2de via roaming and get 4g and my partner is roaming using O2de and getting 5g signal and yes I have a 5g mobile phone 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

No I'm using o2de via roaming and get 4g and my partner is roaming using O2de and getting 5g signal and yes I have a 5g mobile phone 

Is your handset, and your partner’s handset, exactly the same make, model and operating system, @Mlevans04?

No obviously not, I have a dual SIM oneplus open and when I select Id Mobile as my data provider I get a 4g signal but if I select 1p mobile I get a 5g signal and both are using o2.de and my partner is on o2 in UK and gets 5g via O2de. The reason I use ID mobile for roaming is I get unlimited roaming as on a old plan. I'm happy with the 4g but you say I should get 5g in Germany but I'm just letting you know that you don't get it.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

No obviously not, I have a dual SIM oneplus open and when I select Id Mobile as my data provider I get a 4g signal but if I select 1p mobile I get a 5g signal and both are using o2.de and my partner is on o2 in UK and gets 5g via O2de. The reason I use ID mobile for roaming is I get unlimited roaming as on a old plan. I'm happy with the 4g but you say I should get 5g in Germany but I'm just letting you know that you don't get it.

Thanks @Mlevans04 - also I’m just a forum member like yourself. 

Perhaps 1p Mobile (who I think use EE in the UK, as their network partner) have a different network profile for the OnePlus device. 

The approved handsets list, for iD Mobile’s network, only shows the OnePlus 6T as approved.
Curious to know if 5G works with your OnePlus in the UK?

There aren’t any OnePlus devices shown in the above article, although this necessarily doesn’t mean 5G won’t work. 

Yes I get 5g in UK. The handset is only 3 months old.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

At least your (unapproved for the iD network) OnePlus does provide 5G capabilities in the UK.

Well I didn't realise that my phone had to be approved by ID in order to get a 5g signal, there was no mention of that in the terms and conditions when I took out my contract, so looking at the evidence you had given me I should be able to cancel my contract without penalty under UK consumer law.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe, but no doubt a murky area, not least because the terms have numerous caveats about not being able to guarantee delivery of mobile services. 

Most of the catches are in section 4, “Provision of Services”.

Userlevel 1

Yes I get 5g in UK. The handset is only 3 months old.

I am able to reproduce your experience.

I was able to receive a 5g signal in Germany and the Netherlands - I was even able to use Telekom. Since December all the sudden it stopped working. No changes to my device/config etc. at all. Is there an official statement available from iD?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @UKabroad,

Whilst you were there this time did you have the same APN settings?

There hasn’t been any change, however our network partners coverage can affect the coverage that we provide abroad.

This means that we are unable to guarantee the coverage abroad.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @UKabroad,

Whilst you were there this time did you have the same APN settings?

There hasn’t been any change, however our network partners coverage can affect the coverage that we provide abroad.

This means that we are unable to guarantee the coverage abroad.

Kash

Hi Kash,

thanks for your reply.

No, I did not change any APN settings on my iPhone. 
I also tried to manually select Network Providers, o2 and Vodafone will both both provide only 4g. When I select Telekom, I do not receive any Signal at all. In the past all three network providers where accessible to me including 5g.

I will be on Friday in Germany again, if you want me to test different settings for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @UKabroad,

Our network partners in Germany are Telekom and O2.

Please let us know how you get on and we can assist you further whilst you are there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @UKabroad,

Our network partners in Germany are Telekom and O2.

Please let us know how you get on and we can assist you further whilst you are there.

Kash

Hey Kash, 

I just landed in Germany and still have no 5G signal. Could you please tell me how to proceed?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @UKabroad 

Have you tried a network settings reset while there?

For iPhone;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For Android;

Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom,

I just reset my network settings. Same result, no 5G available. When I switch data to my 2nd SIM, I get 5G. 
This seems to be a street-wide issue when I look at the other comments here. Can you please forward it to L2/L3?

Thanks

Userlevel 3

Hi!

I think Bulgaria might just be missing from the list,

Last time I went abroad in August 2022, I connected to VIVACOM BG on 5G with lightning fast speeds! I say this list may just be missing Bulgaria, Thanks :)

-Todor

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @tgets0v,

Our network partners in Bulgaria are GLOBUL and Vivacom.

It’s worth trying both networks to see which one works better.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?