F.A.Q.

How do I activate my new SIM card?

• 20 April 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Here you can find out everything you need to know about activating your new SIM with iD Mobile.  

How to activate your new SIM

Have you just received a new SIM from iD Mobile? Then you can find out what to do next here. It all depends on whether your SIM is for:  

1. A new connection 

1. An upgrade  

1. A replacement  

Here's what to do in each of these situations: 

 1. New connection.

If you've purchased a new connection, the SIM card you receive should already be activated. Simply pop it into your handset, and you're good to go. 

Is your SIM not working? You can find out what to do if your new SIM isn’t working in our helpful in- depth guide.  

2. Upgrade

If you've recently upgraded with us, your new plan allowances should now be available to use on your current SIM. 

You might receive a new SIM card in the post. This is just in case you've upgraded to a new phone and your current SIM doesn't fit. So, if your existing SIM is fine, just store the new one in a safe place in case you need it in the future. 

If you ever need to use the new SIM, you can activate it by following these steps: 

1. Logging in to the app or My Account online  

1. Going to the My Services page  

1. Click Activate my SIM 

1. Scan your SIM card barcode or enter the 19-digit number printed on the SIM cardholder* 

Once you click Activate your SIM, the new SIM will be activated within 30 minutes.  

*If you don't have the cardholder anymore, don't worry – the number is also printed on the back of the SIM card itself. It's an 11-digit number and you just need to add 89442001 to the start of it if you need to input it somewhere. 

If you're not registered for the iD Mobile App or My Account online, you can activate your SIM here.  

3. Replacement

If you've received a replacement SIM because your old one was lost, stolen, damaged or the wrong size, you will need to activate your new SIM. You can activate it in the iD Mobile App or My Account online by following these steps: 

1. Log into the app or My Account online  

1. Go to the My Services page  

1. Click Activate my SIM 

1. Scan your SIM card barcode or enter the 19-digit number printed on the SIM cardholder * 
    Once you click Activate your SIM, the new SIM will be activated within 30 minutes.  

*If you don't have the cardholder anymore, don't worry –  the number is also printed on the back of the SIM card itself. It's an 11-digit number, and you need to add '89442001' to the start of it if you need to input it somewhere. 

If you're not registered for the iD Mobile app or My Account online, you can activate your SIM here.  

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?