Skip to main content

I am currently the account holder and bill payer (SIM only) for my daughter’s phone as she was a minor when this was set up. Now she is adult and can take on the account holder and billing responsibility in her own name. How can we get this changed over without losing her number?

Hi @HelenIDuser,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately we are unable to change the account holder of the account as we don’t allow change of ownership.

She can put the direct debit in her name if she wishes to do so.

Alternatively you can move your number to a different network and then port it in onto a new contract that is in her name.

Kash

Thank you, understood. If she changes to a different network and ports the number across to a contract in her name, could she then set up her own account with iD and port the number back in to the new iD contract ?

Thank you, understood. If she changes to a different network and ports the number across to a contract in her name, could she then set up her own account with iD and port the number back in to the new iD contract ?

Yes, that would be possible, @HelenIDuser

Thank you @andewhite that’s helpful,   Can you confirm please @Kash 

Would your daughter be looking at an iD SIM only, or an iD handset contract, @HelenIDuser

The customer risk worthiness assessment iD use for handset contracts might restrict the options she has when rejoining iD.

SIM only @andewhite 

Okay @HelenIDuser, I’m sure your daughter would be able to purchase one of the iD SIM only products.

Hi @HelenIDuser,

She can certainly move the number to a different network and back to iD Mobile.

As iD Mobile doesn’t support internal number ports, this would be the only way.

Kash