Question

Android to Android text shows wrong number

• 27 October 2020
  • 3 replies

i had an iphone on vodafone, i ported my old number over. when i text to an iphone from my new samsung A71, it shows my ported number(yay!) BUT when i text android to android it shows the temporary  number. please can anyone help?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @nanajane,

Which messaging app are you using to send the message; is it just the stock Android Messages app?

Also, as you no longer use the iPhone I would suggest making sure to deregister your number on the iMessage service here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Kind regards,
Ryan

sorry Ryan, but that was of no use, i’d already done those steps you mention. and still when texting an android phone it comes up with “temporary” number. i’m beginning to get a bit fed up with this tbh

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @nanajane, this is rather odd. I’ve seen this happen before with iPhones, but never with an Android. Have you tried the SIM in a different phone to see if it still happens there?

Could you try performing a network settings reset for me? This should forget and re-force the connection, which should register the correct number on the network. 

Just go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Let me know if you’re still having issues after this.

Thank you,

Why iD Mobile?