Question

lost network conncetion

• 30 March 2020
  • 9 replies

This morning my Pixel 3a will no longer connect to the ID network. WhatsApp and the internet seem OK, but trying to make a call gets me a ‘network not available’ popup, and texts get stuck with a ‘waiting for connection’ message.

Restarting the handset makes no difference.

9 replies

Follow up – I’ve tried reactivating the SIM, but I’m told that it’s already active.

I now have a one-month-old phone which doesn’t work, the local retail outlet is closed, and there’s no on line support. My inclination is to cancel the direct debit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@philc firstly can you pop your postcode into the check your coverage checker and see if there is any issues in your area

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

It says ‘Very Good Service’!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Have you noticed if the problem still exists away from the house @philc?  If it works elsewhere then that could suggest there might be a temporary issue with your local mast.

Do you have WiFi calling as an option in your phone?  More on that >here<

If it is a temporary issue relating to your local mast, we’d need you to reach out to our Social Media Teams on Facebook or Twitter, or reach out to our CommunitySupport@idmobile.co.uk email address to take that postcode from you and take a deeper dive into this.

My Pixel 3a isn’t on the list of compatible devices for WiFi calling.

I’ll check to see if the problem persists away from home.

It does. A couple of miles away I still can’t connect to the ID network.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @philc 

I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Regards 

Aklima 

I am having the same issue. No network. 1 month after starting my new contract. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Catrosedass 

I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Regards 

Aklima