Question

MMS Not Supported By Network

• 25 March 2021
  • 3 replies

So I basically can’t send pictures or long SMS messages (as they convert to MMS).  I have tried three different types of settings I have found on the internet and none of them work still.  Can anyone give me the full list of everything, and what it should be?  I have a Samsung Galaxy A10e with Android 10.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Cuzman1977 

There could be a few things preventing you from sending MMS messages.

Let's try see if we can get to the bottom of this.

MMS Messages aren't included in your standard text allowances. These messages carry a charge of 30p per message. If you've got a spend cap applied on your account, you'll need to increase this to allow the extra charge. This can be done by logging into https://my.idmobile.co.uk/

If you've already adjusted your cap, your Access Point Name (APN) settings could be the factor here. You'll need to head into your device settings and locate the APN settings and delete any existing ones, then add the following APN setting:

897c08d3-5e09-466f-85f0-4ff24a6426c8.png

If you're struggling to locate this, you can use the "Get your settings tool" which is a catalogue of many different devices and how to change different settings in a step by step guide.

Let us know how you get on.

-Mohsin

I have used the “Get your settings” tool, which doesn’t list my Samsung Galaxy A10e, but it does list the Samsung Galaxy A10.  The settings which I had sent to me for the Samsung Galaxy A10 do not work on my phone.  Inputting the above details do not work.  I have paid £44.15 and now £44.76 each month for the past 18 months and I still can not send or receive photos or send long text messages.  In my APN settings menu I have the following:

Name

APN

Proxy

Port

Username

Password

Server

MMSC

MMS Proxy

MMS Port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

APN type

APN protocol

APN roaming protocol

Enable/disable APN

Bearer

Mobile virtual network operator type

Mobile virtual network operator value

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Cuzman1977 

Just to confirm if you send a picture/emoji or long text message they will convert to MMS.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?