Solved

S7 Wi-Fi Calling

• 12 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Reading other answers here, you have the S7 listed as supporting Wi-Fi calling. Can you show to enable it because I can't find how to do it even though the wi-fi calling icon is highlighted at the top of the screen. The videos on YouTube all show steps that are not available on my phone. All software is right up to date on my phone.
icon

Best answer by Adzdalton 12 March 2019, 20:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @NigelS

I've seen this problem a little while ago.

I'm not sure what version of android this solution worked work on.
If it was an older version this may not work.
I don't have an S7 to test it on but you can have a go for nothing.

Settings > Connections > Apps
Then there were 3 dots at the top right of the screen. Click that.
Select Switch on System apps
Scroll down to the first of 3 Phones and select
Select "More settings" at bottom of drop down box
Select and enable "Wi-F-calling"
Go back to your home page and turn off you phone and reboot.

Hope that works for you
Best Regards
Adam
Userlevel 1
Thanks for that, wifi calling was already on when I got to the 1st of 3 phones (it's an option in the drag down on home page) is it just automatically using wifi when I call/pick up or do I have to do something?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@NigelS

If it's already enabled it will use it automatically. You don't normally notice when it's currently active appart from a little symbol at the top of the screen. This varies phone to phone i believe.

I would say though it will only be in use if you have drop in signal quality or strength from mobile signal.
If you have a good enough signal to make a call then this feature won't activate.

It basicslly piggy backs the wifi networks to reach the mobile towers if you have low quality 4g signal in your area. Though it still uses your data allowance or credit as it all still goes through their mobile network in the end.

Hope that helps explain it a little better :)

Best Regards
Adam
Userlevel 1
Thanks very much for taking the time to explain.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Thanks very much for taking the time to explain.

No problem at all

Why iD Mobile?