Question

WiFi calling

• 28 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I've been with you for a could of years. I've got a ZTE Blade v7 which was bought from Three. I didn't realise that it wouldn't work the same way with you, even though you use Three.
I'm about to change, and as the signal at home is poor, I'm looking to get WiFi calling. Will the phones you say work with WiFi calling work even if they are not bought through you?
You say the Huawei Yhttps://tel:72018 works, but what about the 2019 version?

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @mfdaustrey

Unfortunately ID Mobile cannot guarantee WiFi Calling to be working if handset wasn't purchased through them. This is to with version of firmware installed on the phone. As example I will use mine Xperia XZ1 Compact. I have purchased it second hand with EE branding then I unlocked my phone to use ID Mobile in it and WiFi calling wasn't working there but then I have flashed different system with O2 branding and WiFi calling is working fine.

To conclude. When you buy phone from ID you have 100% assurance that WiFi Calling will be working. If you buy from different provider or seller this may require some tinkering to get it to work and it is hit or miss kind of situation.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 1
Thanks. That appears to be the same problem as my present phone. Neither model is on their list of compatible phones, although working on three. My question is about those phones on their list of supported phones.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @mfdaustrey

This is the same story. Phone from the list and purchased from ID / Carphone gives you 100% chances for WiFi Calling to work and the same phone purchased from another provider / seller might have this option removed from firmware which is hard to add and requires tinkering with the system (flashing) and doesn't guarantee the success.

Kind Regards

Why iD Mobile?