Question

Apostrophe Issue

• 22 September 2020
  • 4 replies

My surname has an apostrophe like many, many, many other people in the UK.

I was trying to solve an issue on ID Mobile Live Chat and the agent asked me to fill in a security form before proceeding. My name was not accepted because the apostrophe is classed as an illegal character. I was left high and dry as the agent refused to handle my problem without me clearing security first and I could not do this because of the apostrophe issue.

It was impossible to talk to a supervisor as the agent would not let me go any further until security had been cleared. I’m not blaming the agent but I really think ID should do something about this as I can’t be the only person in the UK to have an apostrophe in their name.

has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way of contacting the ID web team to rectify the problem?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mikeos,

What was the issue you wished to discuss with the agent?

Will

Apostrophes in names are not accepted in the ID Mobile security form. This really should be fixed.

Userlevel 1

My surname has an apostrophe like many, many, many other people in the UK.

I was trying to solve an issue on ID Mobile Live Chat and the agent asked me to fill in a security form before proceeding. My name was not accepted because the apostrophe is classed as an illegal character. I was left high and dry as the agent refused to handle my problem without me clearing security first and I could not do this because of the apostrophe issue.

It was impossible to talk to a supervisor as the agent would not let me go any further until security had been cleared. I’m not blaming the agent but I really think ID should do something about this as I can’t be the only person in the UK to have an apostrophe in their name.

has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way of contacting the ID web team to rectify the problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @MOLNEWING 

I’ve sent you a Private Message, can you check this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?