Solved

Can't create account dut to invalid email

Hi, I've just received my phone in the post but have already hit a problem. I have tried to register a new account on the app and online but I keep getting "Please enter a valid email" when I hit register. I have tried with several different email addresses. Any advice?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 15 April 2019, 17:31

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Josh_G7

ID Mobile website and app are under maintenance at this moment currently there might be some issues with registering accounts or logging in to existing ones. It should be back online very soon.

Kind Regards
I'll try again in a little while then, thanks. It would certainly be beneficial to users if that was mentioned somehwere on the website!
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Josh_G7

It was mentioned on the home page of community. It did not work for me at around 12:30 but it is working now. Try registering again it should be fine now.

Kind Regards
Still no luck for me, I'll try back later. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Josh_G7,

Are you still having issues? As @Hikari pointed out, we were hit with some system issues which affected the service. The MyAccount service should be back up and running.

Mohammed
Yes, same issue. Was on chat the other day and they said it'd take 24/48 hours to resolve. Still can't make an account due to 'invalid email', even after trying multiple different accounts/clearing cache & cookies etc.
Additionally, I am no longer receiving confirmation codes through text so can't even try anymore.

Scratch that, they all came through at once.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Josh_G7,

I believe everything is now sorted or are you still facing issues with registering the account?

Mohammed
@Mohammed one device still says "please enter a valid email", the app says "this request could not be processed". I have received an email saying my direct debit has been set up so it appears things are going better on your end.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Josh_G7,

I don't suppose that you have used that email address in the past for an older contract with us? We can only allow one email address for one account you see.

If not, have you tried to reset a password to see if your email address is recognised? Your account might have actually been created, even if the app showed and issue.

Ryan
I have never had a contract with iD, and the reset password idea didn't work.

It's been almost a week and I am still unable to create an account to transfer my number to the new contract. I must say this has been the most difficult and unpleasant experience I've ever had joining up for, well, just about anything really. Not impressed at all.
Just an update to anyone who is suffering the same issue. I have been advised to take the phone into Carphone Warehouse to see if they can do anything because iD don't seem to have a solution themselves - apart from 'try a different email' and 'try a different browser', which I assure you, I tried MULTIPLE.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Josh_G7,

If you could please email us  we will be able to raise a ticket to our Tech Team to look into if there's anything preventing your account from being created on the system end.

We'll need you to email so we can access the account for you.

We won't be able to do this via here.

Mohammed

Finally resolved. Tech Team worked their magic behind the scenes and sorted it out. Thanks to the forum people for the help. To anyone reading this I recommend checking iD out on Twitter as they're also very responsive there.

Why iD Mobile?