Question

Details incorrect when registering for the account?

• 19 January 2019
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
I’m having trouble both registering on the app and getting through on the phone as apparently my details are wrong;my surname d.o.b and phone number with the account which I am 100% are correct. Very frustrating as I cannot pay my bill and have now been cut off. I’ve rang many times before using the same details and got through with no problems and have changed nothing?? Has anybody else had the same or similar trouble?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @BETHHMARRIOTT2,

Sorry to hear you're having issues when registering your iD Account.

A common misconception when registering we find is that people who are looking to keep an old number, they will try to register with their old number instead of the ID Mobile number that has come with the new ID Mobile SIM.

When you're entering your details, are you entering the number we have given you. Once you're inside and registered, you will then have the option to submit your PAC to be able to bring your old number across to us.

Once a number change is complete, your ID Mobile number will automatically update on our side.

The account holder's last name and date of birth will be the ones to enter also.

If all of those are correct and still not working then it's possible that you've entered the information correctly when registering.

This may be a single letter or digit entered incorrectly so it's recorded differently on our systems.

Try the above and let us know and if you're still having issues just reply here.

Mohammed

Hi

I am having the same problem trying to set up a second account.  I have used the ID phone number + DOB etc and it is telling me the details are incorrect.

What do I do now?

Thanks

N

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @lostagain,

Are you uisng the iD number active on the SIM?

If all the details are correct and it’s still not working, then one of the details may have been recroded incorrectly at purchase.

Let us know if you’re still having issues.

Mohammed

Hello @BETHHMARRIOTT2,

Sorry to hear you're having issues when registering your iD Account.

A common misconception when registering we find is that people who are looking to keep an old number, they will try to register with their old number instead of the ID Mobile number that has come with the new ID Mobile SIM.

When you're entering your details, are you entering the number we have given you. Once you're inside and registered, you will then have the option to submit your PAC to be able to bring your old number across to us.

Once a number change is complete, your ID Mobile number will automatically update on our side.

The account holder's last name and date of birth will be the ones to enter also.

If all of those are correct and still not working then it's possible that you've entered the information correctly when registering.

This may be a single letter or digit entered incorrectly so it's recorded differently on our systems.

Try the above and let us know and if you're still having issues just reply here.

Mohammed

Hi I am having same problem, but no one seems to be able to help me. I am a new customer and this is my first time trying.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Tiger01 

Please confirm if you have managed to set this up now?

Thanks

Aklima

Im having same problem wit the registration, all the details are correct but still its not working i tried many times to register but still nothing please help me i dont know when to pay my bill and if i have some unpaid balance Thanks.

Hi I am unable to register. I am sure that the following details are correct:

• PAC number
  • Existing number
  • iD mobile number
  • Last name

However nowhere can we find a transaction number. (I know that this is meant to be with the sim receipt but we cant find it anywhere). Any help please?! I am without a phone now and between numbers. I wish there was a help line to call.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Eworsop,

Registering is done on https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

You only need your last name, iD Mobile number, date of birth

A code is texted to the iD SIM, enter it and complete registration.

Then after registering, log-in and click My Services then Keep your number you can then submit the PAC code here.

The Switching form you’re using currently (asking for the Transaction number) is usually from when purchasing via Carphone Warehouse.

Try via the My iD account using the above and let me know how you get on.

Mohammed

My mothers phone has a damaged screen so you can see no details, I have tried to load a second number on my current app used for my son and although the details are accurate it fails to register. bearing in mind that both phones are damaged, what do you do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @B2B,

I’m sorry, I didn’t quite understand that.

How many contracts do you have altogether?

One for your mum, one for you and one for your son?

Are you just trying to set-up/manage the accounts via the app?

Each account needs to be registered with it’s own iD Account online using a different email address for each

Mohammed

i have an account for my son and my mother has an account which i registered using my email address REMOVED  when i have tried registering the app for my mother it states i have the wrong details, how do i fix this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @B2B,

You'll need to enter the account holders last name, date of birth and the iD number.

So if you purchased the account in your name and gave the SIM/contract to your mum, then it’s your details.

If she purchased it in her name etc, then it’s her details.

Hope that clarifies

Mohammed

Hi, I have iD number and want to login to the app, but gives me an error that some if the details are incorrect, I am sure my details are correct, unless something is misspelled maybe my last name at the time of purchase. Kindly can you help to login in the app, as want yo upgrade my monthly plan.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @arshadsher92 , have you tried contacting our Live Chat team?

You’ll need to be using a desktop or laptop, rather than a mobile device.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?