Question

How long does a Reactivation take?

• 26 February 2019
  • 4 replies

I suspended my sons account early this morning and rung up at tea time to reactivate the account, how long does it take for the sim to start working again, it’s been over 5 hours, I spoke to someone on live chat and they said it should be working to take it to a shop

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Nadinehughes17,

An account should be back up and running within an hour of the bar being lifted. Are you still having issues today?

You can also turn the phone off and remove the SIM and then set it back up again to see if this brings through the service again.

Ryan
Yes it’s still not back up and running today, there is no problem with the phone as other SIM cards work in it, we have tried the sim we are having problems with in other phones and it doesn’t work
I am furious, it turns out I’d mobile have blacklisted my sons phone which isn’t what I asked for, it has been 36 hours now and he still can’t use the sim with the phone, I have called numerous times over this and still no closer to it getting resolved, the answer I got today was turn it on and off every 2 hours, my son saved to buy the phone outright (iPhone XR) and now he can’t use his sim in it, it’s bad customer service when they have blacklisted a phone for no reason other than I asked for a temporary susupension not once in the conversation did I get told that would involve a blacklisted phone, I will be cancelling the contract tomorrow and never using I’d mobile again
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Nadinehughes17,

If you've reported this as lost/stolen, we'd believe that the handset requires blacklisting to avoid another person using it. We can submit an un-blacklisting request for the device which should remove this for the handset.

We're disappointed to hear that you're thinking of cancelling due to this.

Have you since had the handset un-blacklisted? We'd advise to restart the handset as this will refresh you on the network once processed and restore services.

If the blacklist hasn't been lifted from the handset, then cancelling this contract wouldn't remove the blacklist set by us.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?