Solved

iD Mobile app not working.

• 26 October 2018
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I cannot log into my account using the iDMobile app. There's not a problem using a p.c.. This has only started happening today.
Using Android 8.1.
I know 100% that I am using the correct log in details. It wouldn't be possible on a p.c. if that were the case.
I receive a message about switching user and trying then using existing details. That doesn't make any difference either.
What's going on?
icon

Best answer by newagetraveller 31 October 2018, 16:12

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Oh well. looks as though there is no help available. I phoned CS but they were useless. Blamed me for using an old version of Android. Even after explaining I was using 8.1 that made no difference to their attitude.🙄
Thankfully a 30 day contract. Goodbye iDMobile. Off to a provider who has some constructive help and better customer service!
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @newagetraveller,

We're disappointed to see that you have had an issue with using our iD Mobile app on your phone. Do you have any screenshots that you can post, showing the issue, so we can look to obtain a fix for you? Also, which device are you using?

Thanks,

Ryan.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks for the belated reply Ryan.
It's a Motorola G6 Plus running on Android 8.1. It was working fine up to when I originally posted. I would have persevered but after experiencing the so-called offshore C.S. or lack of it, I have obtained a PAC and will be moving, after only a month with iDMobile, to another provider in a few days time, after I receive their SIM.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @newagetraveller,

I am sorry to see that you want to leave. If you do want to stay and would like to post some screenshots showing the issue that you're having, we'll be sure to look into this further.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks again Ryan. I've received the sim from new provider and will be porting my number to them. However, as an added incentive to move, this is the 4G download performance I regularly receive which really is poor!🙄Upload is 0.5Mb/s!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
However, for information, this is what I get when trying to log in. Selecting O.K. brings up a further screen to the effect that it might be possible to log in by switching user.
Any possible solution could help someone else with the same problem.
The screenshot was taken last night.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @newagetraveller,

Those speeds do seem lower than what we would expect you to receive, have you checked to see what the coverage strength is like within your area? If it is low, this will affect the speed. The number of people in your area using the mast can also affect speeds.

Does that error message appear when you're on WiFi too?

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Re speeds - I have checked using a "SMARTY" sim, they use the Three nework too. I would assume in my location it is the same mast. The network notification for them is "H" and, using the same phone, the download speed is 17.6Mb/s, upload is 1.53Mb/s.

Yes, the same message using wifi.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I've ported my number to another provider so there's no point in continuing with this.
Thanks, anyway, for your input Ryan.👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I've ported my number to another provider so there's no point in continuing with this.
Thanks, anyway, for your input Ryan.👍

Sorry to hear we weren't able to resolve this @newagetraveller

Thanks for letting us know with the update.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?